Pseudomugil Furcata's arrived

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neilanh

Sliced Bread
Just out of the box, not even in the tank yet. I'm excited!

Pseudomugil Furcata aka Forktail Rainbowfish aka Forktail Blue-Eye.

Won an auction on aquabid from lotsoffish, I highly recommend him.

IMG_2079.JPG

Last edited:
Those are nice! They going into the 125?

Awesome! I love those fish. :) I considered bidding on that auction....hehe, but I really didn't have the money. They are some gorgeous fish and easy to breed as far as I can tell.

Absolutely in the 125. They're in, they seem to be enjoying themselves. Eating already too, which is good. They spent 2 days in a box.

Worried the current in the tank might've been a bit much for them, but they seem to enjoy playing in it.

Potential Size: Male: 6cm (2.6")
Female: 6cm (2.6")

Water Region: Middle Surface; Middle-Surface

Activity: Diurnal; Diurnal

Gender: Males are generally more colourful and have a longer dorsal fin than females.

Breeding: Not difficult to breed. The Pseudomugil furcatus lays only a few large eggs at a time and the female will lay about 5 to 10 eggs a day. Eggs will be laid in bushy plants or on the substrate. Remove eggs and put them into a small container. Hatching takes 7-10 days. After eggs hatch move fry into a smaller tank with shallow water.

Variants: Comments: A very colourful fish and is a great addition to any community aquairum. These fish grow very rapidly and like fresh water. Very undemanding as long as good food is given to them and regular water changes are provided. The furcata rainbow comes from a highly vegitated ecosystem so provide lots of plants. Plants provide places for the females to hide in which limits aggression. Recommened for community aquariums.

Main Colours: Green, Yellow, Blue

Credit: FishProfiles.com - Pseudomugil furcatus

Back
Top Bottom