Purigen in Fluval Edge (6 gal)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mideli19

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

I bought mopani driftwood months ago and I have been soaking and boiling it for a while. I have become a bit frustrated because tannins just keep coming out. While looking for solutions online, I read about Purigen and how it has worked for people with the same problem. My question is how much Purigen can I use in a 6 gallon tank?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I bought mopani driftwood months ago and I have been soaking and boiling it for a while. I have become a bit frustrated because tannins just keep coming out. While looking for solutions online, I read about Purigen and how it has worked for people with the same problem. My question is how much Purigen can I use in a 6 gallon tank?

Thanks in advance!

Purigen is expensive IMO just for that use. Get some carbon and do some water changes. Tannis are gonna leach out. You have a small tank so you notice it more then say I would in my 75 gallon.

Up to to really but carbon will help and is cheaper. Is do those water changes though.

Back
Top Bottom