Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whiteout

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recent got a cichlid and realized his tank might need to b bigger would a twenty gallon b ok for him its only one

No, any type of cichlid(except for rams, and she'll dwellers, which still need a 20 long, not high)
Need at least 40+ gallons, 40 being the bare minimum, not even 40, 50+

Well guess I'll b looking into a forty or waiting a bit since they r just babies right now

You should look into a 55 , 40 is just for an extreme case, even a 55 is a minimum, but a keep able minimum, you know, a 40 is the minimum temporary(like a month or two)
A 55 is adequate

I believe one is a acrea he's blue with yellow fins and the other is a electric yellow

That's an acei. They are fantastic fish, I was about to get a school but it's highly recommended to get a bigger tank than the 55 that I had for my cichlids :(

Yea those sound like mbuna, hard to tell without pics, you mean acei cichlid?
They need more tank mates, or one is going to kill the other, and a tank at least 55 gallons

Guess I'll have to b selling them them or taking them back until I can get the money for a bigger tank unfortunately :(

Yea, I wanted some for my 30 gallon, but too small tank, got rams though! Like mini cichlids, though they need a 20 long

Guess I'll have to b selling them them or taking them back until I can get the money for a bigger tank unfortunately :(

It bites doesn't it? The 2 fish that I've wanted FOREVER are a Black ghost knife and a shoal of Clown loaches. Sadly I need a 125g+ tank to keep either of those.

Yea figure I'll sell my 15 gallon and go restart with a 20gal and make it a aggressive tank idk wat it is but aggressive fish r so much brighter in color might just b me

It bites doesn't it? The 2 fish that I've wanted FOREVER are a Black ghost knife and a shoal of Clown loaches. Sadly I need a 125g+ tank to keep either of those.

They r so young atm where they don't really try to attack u lol cause I took something outta there tank today and they came over and chased me but thats all

Have you thought about saving up to do a 55g cichlid tank? You can easily do 3 schools of 5 cichlids in a tank that size. Mbunas are by far my fav :)

Yea I'm thinking about it if I could find a reasonable one for sale in ga I would def do it but the one I found at petsmart is 350+$ and I don't have that kinda money unfortunately

Ahh yeah, It took about $250 for the tank, all the equipment, and hardscape supplies for my cichlid tank. Just keep an eye on craigslist. You can find deals there.

I'm looking on there now I found a 55 for 100 with hoods how much r the pumps for them

Back
Top Bottom