Quints! (well not really, but 5 young neons)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coryluv

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I went down to the local Petco today to get 4 neon tetras in order to keep the 3 I have company. Lo and behold they had a 5 for $5 sale so I got myself 5 young neons! I call them the Quints.

I also did my first drip acclimation. It was so easy and I hope that this gives them a good start. I did a full round of water tests prior to bringing them home to make sure everything was perfect. I'll be testing daily again for a while just to make sure everything stays happy. These guys are small (about 3/4 in.) so even 5 of them should not add too much to the bio-load too quickly, but I'm still going to monitor. It is a 29 gallon tank.

So after netting them and putting them in the tank, everyone schooled up. My 3 neons and my 6 glowlights and the "quints" formed up one big school. Later they scattered, but the neons would group up again after a while. I also have 3 julii corys who just went on about their cory business.

I wish I had a QT but I don't. That's certainly on the equipment wish list. I inspected the neons before purchase by holding up the container in front of a light panel and I could see nothing wrong with them. Everyone looks and acts very healthy and the little guys were poking around exploring their new home all afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom