Rams!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smallfry53

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm super excited about these guys. I got two "bonded" pair. They do seem to kind of stay in pairs, but it's early on. I just hope they all continue to get along...

aypH3tu.jpg

0hn3Fs6.jpg

Ph3FQmD.jpg

Thank you. That's nice to hear from you (After I ordered them I came on here and realized I should have ordered some from you:hide::facepalm:). But I just received them this morning, and they seem to be coloring up and adjusting nicely.

I'm sure your Rams will do just fine. Looks like you provided a nice tank for them.

Form another territory like they are around on the other side of tank [flat rocks and wood] and they will split up and have great interactions in the middle of the tank...(y)

Form another territory like they are around on the other side of tank [flat rocks and wood] and they will split up and have great interactions in the middle of the tank...(y)

I do have some slate and driftwood on the other side of the tank too. So far they are staying in a pack of 4, switching from one side of the tank to the other. Every once in a while one will nip at another one, but for the most part they are hanging out together peacefully. I'm guessing that will change once they get settled in more though.

Hmmmm. I've ordered from them twice... fine.. I thought the stock was superior, may have been at one point.. I don't know anymore, rams have been killing me for years (vise versa). I have Bolivians about to have their 4th birthday party. I have some male ebr that have lived about 8 months on my tanks.. I have lots of finicky fish.. rams are impossible for me... tried making mybonw water. They are doing best in tap actually.. males last longer than females, coralbandit 's male ebr are setting the new record aside from wc stock..

Yeah, it had been a while since I had been on here when I ordered them, then came on here and wished I had ordered some from coralbandit. I'm no expert, but I'm happy with the ones I got. I had a pair of bolivians. I think the female made it about three years, and the male lasted about 6-9 months longer. I really enjoyed them. I like schooling/shoaling species, but there is something different about cichlids. There's more character/personally.

Rams are such pretty fish, and yours certainly are quite nice. We had rams before columnaris. More fish to choose from than tanks available, so we didn't go back to them. Fast Sparkles was an amazing fish.

I think I might have one pair getting ready to spawn... The one has a nice big pink belly, and they are chasing the other pair away from their half of the tank. I'm sure I won't get any fry in a community tank, but it's still fun to watch. I have a 10g and 20g I could set up, but the wife would kill me... lol
VeVfW24.jpg

rtFb7hC.jpg

57HJxFI.jpg

s2cLEAe.jpg

Back
Top Bottom