Ramshorn!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

absolutangel04

Daphnia are People Too.
So, I recently ordered someplants and I got some ramshorn stow-aways! Some people do not like snails in their tanks, but I do! I LOVE snails! The coolest ting is that the biggest snail (5 millimeters) has a totally clear shell. It is great how I can see his little snail body inside! Maybe this is normal, but I have never had ramshorns before, so I think it is pretty cool.:)

Nice, If I had snails it would take me forever to clean my tank because I would be afraid to kill one LOL. I will view the pictures later to see what they look like.

Here are some picture I took. I have to post some more if these are not clear.

Attachments

• P9061465.jpg
    P9061465.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 87
  • P9061469.jpg
    P9061469.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 104
thats great. i wish i had a stow away instead i had to pay 50 cents each for something people try to get rid of

thats great. i wish i had a stow away instead i had to pay 50 cents each for something people try to get rid of
Lol, yeah, I love having snails.:) There are more babies that are like the size of a pin prick too. Sooooooo cute.:smitten:

ive never seen clear ones like that. of you ever get a lot and want to sell some i would probably buy some.

ive never seen clear ones like that. of you ever get a lot and want to sell some i would probably buy some.
I know they produce like mad, so if I get a big enough population, I will maybe just say anybody can have a few if they are willing to pay for shipping. I'll keep you in mind.;) I have never seen clear ones either. I am wondering if they will get opaque eventually or not. They are way cool looking right now though, so I hope they stay this way.

I don't know if I mentioned it before but the ramshorns I keep in my tanks are the 'designer' kind. Pinks (clear shell/pink body) blue and gold, I cull out the brown ones as they pop up. They really are attractive little snails.

I don't know if I mentioned it before but the ramshorns I keep in my tanks are the 'designer' kind. Pinks (clear shell/pink body) blue and gold, I cull out the brown ones as they pop up. They really are attractive little snails.
Awesome. Apparently I got the pink kind. I have never seen designer ramshorns before, only the little brown ones. I am pretty happy to hear that they will stay clear. How big will they get? The largest one I have is about 4mm. Is that full grown?

yes, they are fairly clear, slightly opaque. I can definitely see right through many of them. I don't selectively breed them apart from culling the ones i don't like when I see them, so there are some mixes.

Back
Top Bottom