Randall's Goby and Kole Tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Unicorn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
While my tank is still halfway in the cycle I got my QT tank out of the garage, set up and running :)
My LFS finally got my fishies that I wanted and just could NOT say no. Also pre-ordered my pistol shrimp so my Randall won't be lonely for long

They are still acclamating

Attachments

• image-434807435.jpg
    image-434807435.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 115
  • image-3623960795.jpg
    image-3623960795.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 107
Thank you :)
Im so happy my LFS had them. They usually dont have em and I already planned on ordering them online.

Just added them to the QT and they have adjusted well. Kole tang already eating

After > 24hrs both are still alive and healthy looking. Just wish my tank would hurry up and get dine cycling LOL

Wow! I love the Randall! So cute, I really want one too..

That leads me to the question of...what does your qt include? As in lighting? Sand? Rock? Because my lfs have got some fish in that they never have. But my tank isnt ready yet, just about to go through the cycle. But I just can't let this opportunity go amiss. Do you not have to cycle your qt aswell?

GoldieLocks1 said:
Wow! I love the Randall! So cute, I really want one too..

That leads me to the question of...what does your qt include? As in lighting? Sand? Rock? Because my lfs have got some fish in that they never have. But my tank isnt ready yet, just about to go through the cycle. But I just can't let this opportunity go amiss. Do you not have to cycle your qt aswell?

My QT has nothing but PVC pipes so the fish can hide if necessary. Any medication you may use is gonna harm and leach into sand and LR. You can't really see un-eaten food nor if there is something wrong with the fish if there is too much decoration in the QT.

I used the water from my already cycled tank in there.
I was wondering about the cycle too, but if there is nothing to hold the bacteria (eg stones, sand) than cycling is kind of pointless. I'm monitoring the water closely and am doing daily water changes.

I used the water from my already cycled tank in there.
I was wondering about the cycle too, but if there is nothing to hold the bacteria (eg stones, sand) than cycling is kind of pointless. I'm monitoring the water closely and am doing daily water changes.

The glass and PVC will still grow a bacteria bed, albeit a smaller one. I assume you're running a filter in there as well which will grow some bacteria too. I'd suggest running some kind of sponge type material in the filter of your main tank whether it's an actual sponge filter or just a block of foam. Once your tank is cycled, then you can just pull it out and move it. If you find that a QT'ed fish comes down with something, I would not put it back in your display tank for fear of reintorducing it. The problem with maintianing a biological filter in a quarantine system is keeping it alive when it is unoccupied. I suppose you could dose pure ammonia, but I'll defer to others on that front. Personally, I'd just throw out the filter media once the QT is over and the QT tank is empty, and put new seed material back to the display tank. Foam blocks aren't all that expensive.:cool:

I want a kole tang, dangit. :p
Jealous.

But very excited for you, congrats!

scottayy said:
I want a kole tang, dangit. :p
Jealous.

But very excited for you, congrats!

Thx =^.^=
Don't worry, whenever u crave koke tang just lemmi know and I tell u how cool he is :b

both of them are very happy and healthy. My pistol shrimp should arrive soon as my LFS is trying to get one for me.

Back
Top Bottom