RBTA Gone and done it!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RBTA stands for Rose Bubble Tip Anemone. They can get fairly large and will split creating clones of themselves... I'm hoping this one will do that so I can trade them for other corals.

Well I haven't updated in a while so I thought I would do that now. The RBTA continues to do well in my tank it is growing nicely and the color just keeps getting deeper. It is doing what I am told is the beginnings of splitting. Its attached itself in a couple different spots and seems to be pulling away from itself.?!? Anyway I've been taking pics to document it's progress. We will see if that is what's going on or not.

Here is a pic I just took of it this morning.
rbta5208smallug5.jpg

Well yesterday right as I was leaving for work I looked at the tank and to my amazement my no-bar clown was in the RBTA....I was nearly late for work from standing there watching it. I'm hoping that the other clown will follow his lead...I'll try and get a pic of it. Because of the color of the RBTA and the clown you can barely see the clown when it is in the anemone.

Your rbta is beautiful. After 6 month I have tried one too. It is looking great except one thing. It has white dots on it. The rose color has turned very rose under my good light. Do you know what those spots may be?
And at least once a day it shrinks up but does not move. What is that about?
I know it may move for the first couple of months but when it gets full it is beautiful. The two maroon clown fish hosted immediately. They get very upset when it shrinks and pull on it. Is the shrinking normal?
:drinking:

yes it is a reaction to something bugging it that it doesn't like...mine does it sometimes...

Mine also has the white in it...but if you look at the first set of pics I posted it was bleached out and didn't look very good. I looked at it for 2 months before I picked it up. I didn't want to drop the money on something that wasn't healthy but I figured I could nurse it back to health and so far I have been successful.

Thank you very much, I won't worry then. I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed the interaction with the maroon clown fish. When it shrinks they tug on his bulbs trying to get him to enlarge again, it is so funny. They look like a baby lamb on him mama (a visual for the rural folks like myself;))

Here is a recent pic of the RBTA. I'm going to take some more when it is opened up and maybe you will see the white.

1011414smallff7.jpg

I don't actually feed it, well at least not now. While it was bleached I fed it once a week and that was just a couple of tiny mysis. Now it gets what it needs from the lighting and what food floats into it when I feed my fish.

Thanks, the FS guy told me to feed ours krill because the iodine will help deepen its color. I had not fed ours yet because the clowns do a wonderful job of taking it bits of food. It has finally settled its movements to one rock. still making laps around it though. It is two days with out moving at all we are hoping it is going to call it home. He has parked front and center of the tank.
I see in this latest pic that you have a beautiful shelfing green monitora. We just got one a couple of weeks ago and it is starting to run a few streaks of white up it. I know the white is dead. It is not growing fast but I am concerned about the die off. Do you think it will stop? This and a birds nest frag (which is doing great and it is supposed to be more difficult than the montipora) are my first attempt at sps.

Can you post a pic of it for me to look at? I'm not sure what's going on but I might help better if I saw it.

Back
Top Bottom