Re-arranging aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danben

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Okay so I just recently bought a new aqurium from my friend (5 gal) and stuck my betta and goldfish in there for now (they've been together for the past 3 months or so and no issues so far), but I also just got a few new additions to my 10 gallon such as a bubble/led light thing that's flexible as well as minor other stuff.
My question is, seeing that I need to re-arrange my tank to fit in the new stuff, how should I do it?
Because when I would make minor changes I would just do it while doing water changes but if I need to make a larger change I'm assuming I would need to remove my fish and bag them, drain it almost completely, and then change the stuff, then re-fill it, but this seems like a bit of a hassle, suggestions?

I would do that
The goldfish needs 55 gals for a comet alone and 20 for one fancy
They get much bigger than people think- comets up to 18 inches and fancies 12 inches plus fancies get as big around as a coffee can
That's exactly what I did when I added driftwood to my tank

Yeah I realize that the goldfish needs a larger tank, its just a temporary until it reaches about 2-3 inches in length (its a common btw, the feeders that you buy for 17 cents or so) and yeah I ended up doing about a 90% pwc and rearranged some stuff as well as added two amazon swords that were on sale for a dollar or so
Also, how big of a tank do paradise gouramis/angels need and could I use the ten gallon as a temporary?
Thanks

I'd recommend a 30 at least
For one of them for a week or 2 maybe

Back
Top Bottom