Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-21-2011, 04:04 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to jcolon Send a message via Skype™ to jcolon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigy View Post
Hi I was wondering if a red tail black shark would be ok to go in with 4 zebra danios and 3 phantom tetras?
As already mentioned, RTS's become very territorially aggressive as they mature and, despite literature, it's not relegated just to fish that resemble them. I recommend a 75gal at minimum with plenty of decor, DW, plants and caves to help establish territories for it to claim.

Their territorial aggression (a polite way of saying nasty attitude) can extend to an entire tank ... so even large tanks are no guarantee.

But hey ... they are pretty fish!

Old 11-21-2011, 04:46 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingrays4
Hi sorry to hear about your losses,I know rtbs can be feisty but never realised they could be that feisty! Good luck re-homing your culprit!
Thanks. He's on his last warning :P He is so hard to catch I haven't been able to rehome him yet

Mumma.of.two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:35 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumma.of.two View Post
I have one and I'm in the process of finding him a new home. Very nice to look at but nasty attitude. Mine has killed two of my cories over the last month.

i would would totally take him but you wont get him to iowa alive i have a 5 inch BTS and a 7.5 inch bala in my 55
Old 12-29-2011, 06:37 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcolon View Post
As already mentioned, RTS's become very territorially aggressive as they mature and, despite literature, it's not relegated just to fish that resemble them. I recommend a 75gal at minimum with plenty of decor, DW, plants and caves to help establish territories for it to claim.

Their territorial aggression (a polite way of saying nasty attitude) can extend to an entire tank ... so even large tanks are no guarantee.

But hey ... they are pretty fish!

i have one of those half peices of sunken ship that he holds hostage lol

Tags
red tail, shark, tail

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com