Red tail Black Shark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lukec

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a red tail black shark and the colour in the body doesnt seem full its almost grey, is this normal? Thanks

depends on how you slice and dice it. sometimes they're that color due to.stress. sometimes poor diet. but most likely bad gene pool

It is usually stress.
Did u get it at a pet store?
If u did, they r usually stressed from being switched from their original habitat to the pet store's habitat then suddenly to ur habitat. If it is stress, they will color back up again within a few days-a few weeks.
If they don't color up after a few weeks, it's prob cuz their parents weren't colorful either.

It'll change back once it settles down..don't worry. Almost all fish change colors when stressed.

All the "red" tailed shark at my local petsmart have turned into "grey" tailed shark
Lol

Yeah..most are. It depends on the substrate and surrounding colors too. All the ones at petco are grey cuz it a light substrate and the petsmart ones are black by me. My rainbow shark is black..I can put him in my other tank which is play sand and he turns grey.

Back
Top Bottom