Rescued a huge Angel fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Badabing

Aquarium Advice Newbie
******LONG POST****

I
went to buy from tanks and filters and other supplies from a listing on facebook. Well we got there and OMG. We opened up the boxes and covk roaches started coming out.. it was horrible. She wanted 150 for everything. I left with a 20 gal, a 10 gal 2 5 ga and 5 4 bank pumps after we got the roaches out and a bazillion heaters 50wat up to 300watts. I left the rest because i didnt want to bring roaches home. She also had a HUGE angel fish and 5 bottom feeders. This woman had boxes and boxes or sponge filers, filters every size imaginable and hood lights...but everything was either nasty or roach filled. I coudnt leave the angel fish there or the bottom feeders . I gave her 100.00 and called it good. Well what size tank do i need for a tennis ball size angel??? I am a betta person and i do have guppies and mollies....i know nothing about angel fish that is huge. I have a community 60 gal that has 15 live bearers and 3 tiny angels. My 20s and 10s have bettas. Any and all help will be apprecated.

Angelfish needs 30 gallons minimum. It might be ok in your 60 gallon community tank but I would quarantined it first to make sure it won't make all your other fish sick. Also some angelfish can get aggressive the older they get so I'd watch out for that too (even with your current angelfis).
If you don't want to risk it then get him his own separate tank.

Thank you. She is in my quarantine tank now. She is super hungry ..seems to be doing better today...yesterday she seemed confused, which i am sure she was. The lady wouldnt let me in the house so i dont know what size tank she came from.

I have one angelfish in my 75 gallon with a large blood parrot, and a bunch of other community fish. I just want to say be Very careful about getting the angelfish "friends." Some people are tempted, when they buy a fish to get "friends" for it. It might work out, but it is more likely not to work out. I just euthanized a large angelfish, after a year of fighting with the 2nd one. The second one hurt the first one so badly that it messed up the swim bladder. I also had 2 more that I had to re-home. It is much better to only have 1 angelfish or a breeding pair. They are very aggressive and territorial if not in a group of about 10 or more, (you would need approximately a 100-gallon tank) or when alone with only a few. Also do not put an angelfish in with anything they can swallow (neon tetras). They will eat them.

Since this forum does not allow uploads from computers I don't know how to post a picture since I am not willing to get online service like photobucket.

Since this forum does not allow uploads from computers I don't know how to post a picture since I am not willing to get online service like photobucket.

I did upload photos from my computer and from my phone to this forum...

Angel fish

She is in a 20 with a very large pleco that the same lady gave me.

Attachments

• 20191005_204554.jpg
    20191005_204554.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 59
The pleco

Same tank as angel

Attachments

• 20191010_211819.jpg
    20191010_211819.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 52
I was able to upload picture from my phone...not sure why its sideways...but pictures of the angel and pleco are up.

An Angel that size would likely find out eventually that fish the size of Neons and Cardinal Tetras would be tasty treats (I learned the hard way). Nice thing to not let the fish suffer any longer and helping to give it good care!

Back
Top Bottom