Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-08-2004, 10:30 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Right before my eyes.

Bought a GREEN MANDARIN GOBY and after 2 days sat there and watched my HERMIT CRABS ......KILL it and have a great MEAL.
Mandarin diden't even put up a fight poor thing . I then sent my crabs an URGENT e-mail advising them that I did not invite them to this EXPensive party.
Is this the way it goes?
IS this the way of the ocean ?
I diden't think Hermits did this, what else do i have to watch for ?

aldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 10:54 PM   #2
Chances are the fish unfortunately was ill enough to no put up a fight or get away... How did you acclimate the mandarin? I am sorry to hear of your loss..been there and got the t-shirt and the hat.

You have a lot to expect from your little ocean inside...Everything you put in your tank obides by the laws of nature and anything is bound to happen.. It is fascinating to say the least, and sometimes it is expensive experiments that help us to gain the knowledge to keep aquariums alive and thriving...

Good luck in the future..
Old 03-08-2004, 11:09 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Oh that's terrible!!!
what else do i have to watch for ?
I have learned that anything can become a snack if it does not defend itself.

Menagerie is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com