saltwater beginners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JasonandSarah

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am new to the whole saltwater thing s week as to this site I had a few questions but I'll start off with we have a 75 gallon tank and just got it up and running completely a few days ago we have live rock and live sand but we are having a problem with the tank being cloudy and the salt is clinging to everything the glass, powerhead and the rocks.Is this normal? We went to petco today and really didn't get any significant answers.we did end up buying 5 snails and 1 clown fish.

I am new to the whole saltwater thing s week as to this site I had a few questions but I'll start off with we have a 75 gallon tank and just got it up and running completely a few days ago we have live rock and live sand but we are having a problem with the tank being cloudy and the salt is clinging to everything the glass, powerhead and the rocks.Is this normal? We went to petco today and really didn't get any significant answers.we did end up buying 5 snails and 1 clown fish.

You're gonna cycle the tank with a clown fish that's no good . Also you're live sand should of came with a packet to clear the tank up

it did come with a packet it did clear a little but not fully and we just ordered south bag of sand this time not such a fine grain so maybe once we add another pack do you think that may help? e have a matter test let and tested the water parameters and all was good except the ph wasjust barley low but onlyby 2 points. why do say say that about the clowns?

You should just cycle with the live rock cycling with the fish is very stressful for the fish. Did you're ammonia spike up before the fish was in there ? Also the sand should settle eventually

the ammonia read 0. do you think its still harmful? all the tanks get water changes frequently andwe use seaqums

the ammonia read 0. do you think its still harmful? all the tanks get water changes frequently andwe use seaqums

How is the nitrate and nitrite . You're nitrite should of spiked after you're ammonia went down . Water changes about 20% every other week . You're ammonia could read 0 now but did you see it go up at any time since you started the tank

ammonia is at 0 nitrite is 0 and nitrate is below 5.0 ppm

Sounds like the tank is ready add a clean up crew and add fish slowly alot of fish at once can cause a mini cycle with saltwater you have to be a lot more patient then with freshwater gd luck

Back
Top Bottom