Saltwater mystery fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JonnyKhan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got a very small yellow fish from a tank full of "Assorted Damsels". The other residents were blue damsels, yellow tailed blue damsels, three spot damsels, and black and white striped damsels. In another tank the same retailer also had Talbot's damsels, and a yellow bellied damsel.

This fish is less than an inch long, and has a longer body than an ordinary damselfish, with an almost lyretailed tailfin. It is mostly yellow with two horizontal black stripes. It does look somewhat like a damselfish, although it also looks somewhat like a freshwater characin. I tried to take a picture but it is hopelessly blurred.
It's a colorful midwater swimmer that was initially somewhat shy but now seems to be quite bold. If it stays this small I would consider getting the other two the shop had for a small shoal to add motion to one of my tanks.

Is this the juvenile form of something else? It's in quarantine right now, and I don't want to move it on to one of the regular tanks without knowing what it is. Thanks for your help

That's it! Thanks. So I guess I can look forward to it being big, mean, ugly, and long lived. Never buy on impulse!

Back
Top Bottom