Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-23-2012, 11:44 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have 6 tanks, and I got ALL of them on craigslist. No problems to report so maybe I've just been lucky. I've spent a total of $120 on all of them combined.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Lol yeah that is true. I just checked around where I live and there is a 55 gallon with supplies that a college student needs to get rid of....now to convince my boyfriend

Old 03-23-2012, 11:48 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

I've never bought a tank on craigslist, but every time we upgrade, we sell the previous tanks there. If it's 10 gallons, though, we just give it away on freecycle.
75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:59 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndaB View Post
I've never bought a tank on craigslist, but every time we upgrade, we sell the previous tanks there. If it's 10 gallons, though, we just give it away on freecycle.
Usually no matter what the condition of the Tank, I Reseal any used tanks them because most of the time they had been in storage for a while. This one I got he just took out of service and all the seals looked in great shape so I gambled on it being good. Knock on wood no issues.

In college I become the Tank doctor Sealing Tanks in my Frat House.
60 gallon(Parrots and Convicts) 55 gallon African Cichlids 5 gallon Betta tank 35 Gallon Hex (Bolivian Rams, Oto cats, Bloodfin Tetra and a shoal of Tiger Barbs) 75 Gallon Oscar Condo. 30 gallon GBRs & Danios
Pton46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:23 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

I was busy tonight, My football coaches meeting got cancelled (Yea I know Football, it is almost year around now). So I was Able to install the Amazon Order....New Internal Filter , Therm etc. I was thinking turning this into a "budget build". I'll list the Pics and a running list of the costs. The Goal is under $200 with fish (either Rehome from my other Tanks or new stock Purchase.)
I won't be transfering my Betta because of the current of the Internal Filter is probably too Strong from him. So maybe some Community Schooling fish ...

35 Gallon Hex Tank Build
Tank Stand & Glass top $60.00 on Craigslist
with Filter
Airpump $6.99 Walmart
Tubing $1.59 Walmart
Airstone $1.99 Walmart
Internal Filter $19.89 Amazon
Therm $2.89 Amazon
Heater $9.99 Amazon Elite 150 watts
Gravel $3.89 Walmart
Rock scape Free from Backyard
Silk Plants Free (made from old fake plants)
Paint for Stand Free (Exterior Paint left over from my shed)
Tile for Background Free (Extra from Tiling Mudroom)
Filter Media/Prime Not really free but source from my existing Supply.

Right now I'm up to $107.23
pictures maybe tomorrow.

All the Plants are set and the glue is drying should be ready by Tomorrow.
60 gallon(Parrots and Convicts) 55 gallon African Cichlids 5 gallon Betta tank 35 Gallon Hex (Bolivian Rams, Oto cats, Bloodfin Tetra and a shoal of Tiger Barbs) 75 Gallon Oscar Condo. 30 gallon GBRs & Danios
Old 03-27-2012, 09:29 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

Here is the finished product, just awaiting the purchase of an over light, but for now while Cycling no need for it yet. I plan to get a Marineland LED lamp since it adjustable. Which should leave me some options for some live plants and a Little Stock. I will be moving my Rosy Danios and shoal of Tiger Barbs in there.

My total including the light s/b around 156 leaving 44 bucks under the $200 limit which lets face it I'll probably go over.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:08 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

Marineland LED lamp coming tomorrow....49.98 on Amazon...

up to 156.96....under 43.04 underbudget....I have my eye on some Bolivian Rams and German Blues Rams for about 6 bucks a piece. My LFS will hold until my cycle is done....
My Bamboo will be coming this week, my neighbor has some good shoots coming in, getting them on the arm.....

Tags
5 gallon, hex, hex tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com