Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-19-2012, 02:42 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Scored a 35 Gallon Hex Tank on Craigslist

I just picked up a 35 Gallon hex Tank with Stand lid and a Aquaclear 70 for $60 bucks. I am think I am going to use it for one cool Betta tank.

With some additional Oto catfish and maybe a school of Tetras.

This way I can use my 5 gallon as a Med tank and just keep it up all the time...maybe?

Pics to follow.

60 gallon(Parrots and Convicts) 55 gallon African Cichlids 5 gallon Betta tank 35 Gallon Hex (Bolivian Rams, Oto cats, Bloodfin Tetra and a shoal of Tiger Barbs) 75 Gallon Oscar Condo. 30 gallon GBRs & Danios
Pton46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:24 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Congrats! Always fun to get a new tank! Can't wait to see some pics

Old 03-21-2012, 08:50 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

The Stand was pretty rough, I am in the process of painting it. I forgot the before pics.
60 gallon(Parrots and Convicts) 55 gallon African Cichlids 5 gallon Betta tank 35 Gallon Hex (Bolivian Rams, Oto cats, Bloodfin Tetra and a shoal of Tiger Barbs) 75 Gallon Oscar Condo. 30 gallon GBRs & Danios
Old 03-21-2012, 09:49 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Just have a backup plan for the betta if it ends up yours is not a good candidate for a community tank.
75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:01 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

I will.... I plan to keep the existing 5 Gallon up and Running in case things don't work out. If he does like it and it works his old tank will be my medical tank.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:56 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yay! Excited for pics.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:26 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

I'll Have Pictures soon....I leak tested yesterday and since it was nice out I was finally able to Clean it (White Vinegar Treatment). I'm awaiting on some stuff tomorrow from Amazon (an Internal Filter, new Heater and some odds and ends) I'm excited . My wife is way less than thrilled. It is set up in the dining room. With my Seeded Filter running and Dosed with Stability. I'll need to pick up some ammonia at ace. Plus I am going to try to make all of the Fake Plants myself. I have a dollar store that sells big Silk plants cheap. All non toxic and safe for Aquariums.....My Neighbor has Huge Bamboo plants looking to get some clippings of that as well and grow them underwater and put in after the cycle.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:50 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

Here is the Start.

I plan to get some molding to tie the white Base into the Brown boarders of the Tank
Old 03-23-2012, 10:10 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pton46 View Post

Here is the Start.

I plan to get some molding to tie the white Base into the Brown boarders of the Tank
That looks really good! Makes me mad for all the money I spent on my little one, shoulda checked craigslist lol.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:03 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yeah Craiglists and ebay are good but buyer beware. I mean even though I leak tested 2x I was still nervous on Leakage, typically with a New one you have no or Little Worry on that happening.

Tanks are like Cars in that respect. Sometimes you will find a great deal on used one in good shape , but it is not the same as getting that "New" one with that "New Car/Tank smell"

LOL

Tags
5 gallon, hex, hex tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com