Shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllieBrown

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,

I have a 2.6 gallon tank with a betta in it. I'm wondering about getting a shrimp to put in with him. I've done research but haven't really found much. What are your experiences?

Shrimp that are larger than him, be aware of they ever have babies, they'll become a free meal.

My mom has a betta in with a few RCS. It hasn't eaten any or bothered them, but the filter got a couple before the sponge was put on the intake!

Juvenile and adult shrimp should be too large / fast to be taken by a betta, but it could definitely get recently hatched ones. Things for them to hide in like mosses could give you more success if you're going to try and start a colony.

Would a single shrimp be acceptable or do they need to have more then one?

I had ghost shrimp in with my betta he never noticed them probably bcc they are clear but ghost shrimp are fine

I had ghost shrimp in with my betta he never noticed them probably bcc they are clear but ghost shrimp are fine

I dont know why but i found that so funny :lol: get the clear ones so the betta wont notice! Of course! Adn the clear ones are so interesting.

Do you know if theyre easy to care for like cherry shrimp? I'm also looking at getting a betta and some shrimp and have been told that cherry shrimp are pretty hardy...?

Back
Top Bottom