Sm cleaner fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocminpin

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm thinking about getting a small cleaner fish or shrimp?? For my 10 gal Molly fry grow out tank...
What do you suggest?

Red Cherry Shrimp, Amano (algae eating) shrimp, Otocinclus catfish (small suckerfish but get 3), Pygmy CoryDoras, there are others too!

Many people think a 10g is too small for otos. I think they are fine, but I would only get 2 if you choose that route. I agree with the shrimp and pygmy corys.

Many people think a 10g is too small for otos. I think they are fine, but I would only get 2 if you choose that route. I agree with the shrimp and pygmy corys.
Yea I know the oto is pushing it. 2 would definetly be better...

Yea I know the oto is pushing it. 2 would definetly be better...
I keep 2 in a 10, and I think its fine. But, thats just my opinion. I have also kept trios and I see the 2 in the 10 do all the same behaviors as the trio did in the bigger tank.

I keep 2 in a 10, and I think its fine. But, thats just my opinion. I have also kept trios and I see the 2 in the 10 do all the same behaviors as the trio did in the bigger tank.
I kept and will soon keep again 3 in a 20. My mom has 1 in a 26.

I have 2 Amano Shrimp in my tank and I love them! They are constantly feeding on algae and they look really cool. I agree that a 10gal tank will be a bit cramped for 3 otos but in my opinion 2 would probably be ok.

Back
Top Bottom