Some new equipment.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattrox

Aquarium Advice Addict
I went for some retail therapy today. I felt like I really needed to do it.

I got a fluval 404 for the big tank. That meant I could take out the internal power filter and swap the 104. It was pretty easy to swap becaude the hose fittings clicked into the lid of the 404. I filled it with the noodles from the 104 and added the rest that came with the 404. Quick enough job.

I also got a 24x12x18 (lxwxh) on a stand. I need to finish the stand with some lacquer. I also got a small tank as a hopital/qt and it fits on the shelf under the 2ft tank. I got a 100W Tronic heater for the 2ft and a 50W tronic for the qt.

Stocked up on food too.

The 2ft will be used for breeding right now. I'll try the Rams in it first I think. Setting it up will need to wait. I want the media in the 404 to mature and put some back into the 104. I will need to order some more Biomax and Ceramic noodles and sponges for the 104. The sponges had geen mould growing in them and they were beginning to fall apart. I have not got gravel for these 2 tanks yet. Next pay day, atleast the LFS threw in the air pump and sponge filter and a few bits and pieces for free.

My plan is to later get a double tube NO flouro fitting and get a 18000K and 6700K tube. That will push it close to 2 wpg. I think the Rams will appreciate the plants that can grow in that.

If you have read this far I hope I didn't ramble. The typing is also a bit of therapy at the moment.

I got a twin tube light fixture. Some ceramic rings and Biomax and new sponges for the 20 gal tank. I will have near on 2wpg... DIY CO2 here we come.. LOL

I will swap some media from the 80 gal's fluval 404 so I can get it up and running. Just need some gravel and laterite from the lfs and a power board from the hardware store. I need another coat of varnish on the stand and one more pay day too, D'oh. I'll put in a pair of Rams for starters and see what happens. I won't go Cory's but I might get some oto's they don't seem to bother my other breeing fish.

Back
Top Bottom