Some new guppies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
Got a trio of black/blue deltas today! Wanted some gorgeous rams but the tank isn't prepped for them yet

Emerald76

Sort of! Here's one I took of one of the girls- ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412520663.338006.jpg
I'll add more later

Emerald76

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412520802.316371.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412520802.316371.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 87
Cool .. Here's a pic of my guys.. Kinda hard to get a good pic of the male tho..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 60
Pretty! I like the matte ness of yours- mine have a lot of iridescent blue on them.

Emerald76

The boy is only about 4 months old and still growing. The girl just dropped about 30 babies last night. Kinda curious to see how they will turn out.

Cool! If you want to keep them toss them in a breeder net (hate the clear plastic ones- only good for fish pics IMO) and feed egg yolk- they color up really fast on that stuff!

Emerald76

I like the clear plastic one I got. They only usually stay there for few days tho and then I toss the in my shrimp tank till they are about a month or two and then I find them new homes

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 67
Oh see you only use it for short time I have to use it for several months if i want them big enough to live. Yeah it's fine for only a little while but I like nets better if they are staying for a while

Emerald76

I don't seem to have luck keeping them long term in breeding nets. If I try they seem to die. The fry really enjoy the baby rcs tho and they kinda help keep my shrimp population down which is good because my rcs tank is way over populated. But for some reason my fry overall have a very low survival rate.. They do fine for bout 2 months and then seem to get a pointy tail and die.. Don't get it. On average I only get 2 or 3 make it to adulthood per batch.

What do you feed and how often? The pointy tail may be fin rot from water quality.

Emerald76

That's what I thought at first but the tanks they die in all have perfect water.. Ph 7, ammonia and nitrite 0 and nitrates at about 10, temp sits at 27 degrees. They usually die at about 2 months and at that point they eat twice a day , crushed flakes, shrimp pellets and baby live shrimp which is always available in their tanks. I think it's just poor genes to be honest

Might be- try pulling in some new stock and trading them for some of your current ones it's probably also inbreeding.

Emerald76

Yup worked for me whenever my fry started growing up to be very small- just toss in the biggest females you can find at the LFS.

Emerald76

Well maybe not the biggest but at least 1.5 inches- the biggest ones are old and may not get pregnantZ

Emerald76

Back
Top Bottom