Starbuck ~ my first male betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alaris

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got Starbuck today from Petsmart. I'm so happy and he's sooooo gorgeous!!

2993000981_4dcd04c560.jpg
2992968511_abd8b7ec63.jpg
2993852702_7ed9b7fb0d.jpg

Awesome Beta. Now that you stole BSG names... I think I'll go with Babylon 5 names:)

I'm surprised they had such a nice looking betta at Petsmart. Usually when I see them they look almost half dead.

Did you get this one from the lfs that keeps them on the back wall with the circulating water rather than the cups?

Did you get this one from the lfs that keeps them on the back wall with the circulating water rather than the cups?

Yes I did get him from the back wall, but the water didn't look circulating to me. And the girl there had a net that was bigger than the cube and had to smush him into it. :(

crazyfishlady said:
I'm surprised they had such a nice looking betta at Petsmart. Usually when I see them they look almost half dead.

Yes all the bettas there looked half dead. :(

Hogie said:
Now that you stole BSG names... I think I'll go with Babylon 5 names:)

What else would I have used? :p I wanted a name that dominates, because he dominates. ^_^

Starbuck is a very active betta. He swims all over the tank and does his best to fit in every little tight area. He likes to try out swimming through the bubbles and under the rocks. Starbuck has been unsuccessful in figuring out how to squeeze through the heater and the glass, though. His favorite spot is in the back behind the rocks and under the plants. My corys spend more time at the top of the tank than he does. ^_^

Starbuck is beautiful! He sounds like a typical curious betta! I had a betta once that loved to squeeze under a single, narrow dwarf sag leaf. He thought he was hiding :)

I think I've only ever seen one other white betta. You'll have to keep us updated with lots of pics!

He is gorgeous! Congratulations. Also congrats on being able to get decent pictures of him. I can't ever get good pics of my bettas. They hide under the plants all the time.

Starbuck is beautiful! He sounds like a typical curious betta! I had a betta once that loved to squeeze under a single, narrow dwarf sag leaf. He thought he was hiding :)

I think I've only ever seen one other white betta. You'll have to keep us updated with lots of pics!

Zagz said:
He is gorgeous! Congratulations. Also congrats on being able to get decent pictures of him. I can't ever get good pics of my bettas. They hide under the plants all the time.

Thanks! I'm actually having problems feeding him. He won't eat the flakes. He runs toward any food I drop in the tank, takes a look, and then turns away. :( My husband is at the store picking up freeze-dried bloodworms.

He's not so active now. He sleeps mostly and his fins look a little ragged.

Back
Top Bottom