Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-06-2012, 11:19 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Here's a video of Benjamin:

Benjamin 1- A New Home - YouTube

And Here are some new and better quality pictures:

Benjamin looking for some more food:

Swimming at the bottom of the tank:

Benjamin hiding behind a plant:

Stretching out his fins:

We definitely need to work on the fin rot:

He's glad to have a new home:

Also, I agree with christine2012, this was just a 'I fell in love and can't leave you' thing. The best thing to do is to send the company emails. I actually just read that someone heard back from WalMart about the betta packages that they sell. The person said that they were not good for the health of the betta and WalMart called back and said that they would talk to the manufacturer. It may not amount to much, but at least he caught their attention. Just imagine what would happen with everyone emailing... However, I'm not endorsing that you all email pet stores and condemn their practices with pitchforks!

Old 07-06-2012, 11:31 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaKai
Here's a video of Benjamin:

Benjamin 1- A New Home - YouTube

And Here are some new and better quality pictures:

Benjamin looking for some more food:

Swimming at the bottom of the tank:

Benjamin hiding behind a plant:

Stretching out his fins:

We definitely need to work on the fin rot:

He's glad to have a new home:

Also, I agree with christine2012, this was just a 'I fell in love and can't leave you' thing. The best thing to do is to send the company emails. I actually just read that someone heard back from WalMart about the betta packages that they sell. The person said that they were not good for the health of the betta and WalMart called back and said that they would talk to the manufacturer. It may not amount to much, but at least he caught their attention. Just imagine what would happen with everyone emailing... However, I'm not endorsing that you all email pet stores and condemn their practices with pitchforks!
I don't mean to single anyone out. Just that one post jumped out at me. That's good they got their attention! Walmart is usually very adamant on keeping their customers. Look at the organic foods they sell! All because people spoke up. A few months ago, Walmart was getting ready to start selling Monsantos patented GM round up ready sweet corn. Someone started a petition, and guess what? The crap never hit their shelves! Isn't that amazing? So that really goes to show that they actually are listening. (And as much as I hate the Walmart empire, I can't believe I'm giving them credit )
But moral of the story, they will listen! I can't speak for petsmart or PETCO but I imagine they care about losing business.

But my point of my last post, was if you buy all these bettas, they're only going to restock more. By buying the ones you did, you showed them that there is a demand for them. Thus, the circle of Betta death continues.

Old 07-06-2012, 03:01 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

The one where I go the bettas are in ten gallon with platies and swordtails.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

I love bettas :P

I love bettas. I want to put one in my 26 gallon tank thats cycling right now, but sadly I don't think it would go well with an angelfish, which is what I would rather have...
Old 07-06-2012, 04:47 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyfishies View Post
I love bettas. I want to put one in my 26 gallon tank thats cycling right now, but sadly I don't think it would go well with an angelfish, which is what I would rather have...
Yeah I completely understand. I have a 55g with two angels and they're absolutely fun to watch, they're very graceful and they like to swim together. I would definitely go for the angels too. There are always other aquariums Plus bettas need around 5g min, although mine is in a 2.5 which is the absolute min. Which they both don't take up to much space!

Let the multiple tank syndrome begin!

Also, I'll be posting more pictures very soon. He's very photogenic!
Old 07-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Here are some new pictures of Benjamin (Benji), yes I gave him a nickname

The dark and mysterious setting:

He really likes showing off his fins:

Front view. It looks like he has green freckles

Just keep swimming:

You can really see some of his red in this picture:

Still more to come, I just can't upload all the pictures at once. Apparently my browser can't handle that much!
Old 07-06-2012, 05:15 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

The last of the pictures:

Hiding behind his plant:

His Home Sweet Home:

He loves swimming:

His favorite decoration, the bell, and him:

My all time favorite picture of him:

That's all folks!
Old 07-06-2012, 05:20 PM   #18
Daphnia are People Too.
Community Moderator

POTM Champion

Moved to New Aquisitions.

I have to say that I agree, buying the bettas from conditions you don't approve of actually gives the message that you do approve. Benji is certainly a pretty betta though. I am sure that the next betta in a dirty cup with too little water that was put on the shelf after you ought this one is pretty too though. His fins don't look too bad, so I am sure you will be able to get him good and healthy in no time. In the future, I do suggest getting your bettas from a place where you approve of their treatment. But, since you already have this one, I am sure he will have a good life.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com