Sun Coral Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsBeanCtr

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've had this guy for almost a month and he's doing great. I got a picture of him right after I got done feeding.

img_759340_0_53bc108f917fddbdb02b7d95a3780c5b.jpg

Is that a sun coral? It's BEAUTIFUL!!! Can you give details of how you take care of it. Flow, lights, location, feeding etc...

Is that a sun coral? It's BEAUTIFUL!!! Can you give details of how you take care of it. Flow, lights, location, feeding etc...

I have pc lighting and this coral sits towards the bottom of the tank. I've heard folks tell me that they put it on the bottom of the tank and even under ledges of rock. They are a low light coral. This is one of the few corals that require target feeding. I feed him a mix of mysis shrimp and phyto-feast (a green smelly stuff) 2 or 3 times a week using a turkey baster (yes, it's real high tech stuff). (ps-thanks much to Melosu for all of his feeding info on this coral).

It's really not that difficult to care for but just remember that you do have to feed this one.

I'm gonna look further into that. A new possibility for my tank has arose :) That is incredible! What about flow and agressiveness?

What about flow and agressiveness?

I keep it in a medium flow area in my tank. I couldn't tell you about agressiveness because I'm not sure to be honest. Perhaps one of the pros here might have some idea. :)

Back
Top Bottom