supplies... and something furry :) PICS ON PG 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rubysoho

Aquarium Advice Addict
So here is what I'm picking up today :wink:

1. wire top for a ten gallon tank
2. bedding
3. good quality food
4. exercise wheel
5. water bottle
6. toys/decorations
7. one long rubbermaid tub as a play area
8. yummy treats

On Saturday, two young female gerbils. I am soooo excited! :D I found this awesome breeder who is actually flying them to me...well, to the closest airport which is 30 minutes away. Apparently flying is his hobby and he is only a hop, skip, and jump away from me. The only thing I am nervous about is if the two girls will like me. I know it will take some time to gain their trust, but hopefully it won't be too hard because the breeder handles them daily.

already have a dog. He is almost 5 now, but I never was able to bring him up here to college. I miss him soooo much too! But one more year and he'll be living with me somewhere.

Just brought them home. The guy said today would be better than tomorrow so now they are getting use to their new home :mrgreen:

Menagerie, they are at my boyfriend's place now. My boyfriend who said he didn't like any rodent with tails just can't stop watching these two cuties. Now he is wondering if he has room for a hedgehog :roll: I'm always at my boyfriend's place (not to be with him, but because all our friends hang out there...though seeing him isn't a band thing :wink: ) so we thought this would be better than my apartment. I'll get some pics up soon.

menagerie, actually she is a "red fox" according to the american gerbil society and the "spotted brown" one is a spotted agouti :mrgreen: I already did my reading, but I figured it was easier to say red and spotted brown :D

oh, and they are soooo cute!!! Still un-named though, suggestions would be appreciated. Here are their personalities:

Spotted Agouti (brown/nutmeg with white blaze) - real sweet but skittish and not too interested in being held.

Red fox (apricot according to menagerie :wink: )- very sweet, not so timid, loves running up my arm.

:mrgreen: you know plenty more than me probably.

Last night was the first time I took them out of their cage (instead of letting them run over my hand and up my arm a bit). I don't know if they liked it or not, but they still like playing on my hands so I guess that is a good sign :D

yay, finally have pics to show everyone...

img_360565_0_25a8e983090d7d256f757b103733e995.jpg

img_360565_1_770ab311c617793618f903d7a6f5ec02.jpg

img_360565_2_0fa9baa511fc4c5ee92f1b84e72ec696.jpg

img_360565_3_edf8ebc61c287235a530e15535ce9304.jpg

so, I feel like a bad momma because I haven't picked out names yet. They have just been gerbil 1 and gerbil 2... or brown and red. Both are females, very sweet, and fun to play with though. I'm so happy I've got them.

ps-notice I learned to post pics ;)

Back
Top Bottom