Surprise!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rubysoho

Aquarium Advice Addict
soooooo... I was bad. I spent a while talking with my friend the other day at the LFS where he works. We are just chatting along, having a great time and these poor bettas and just looking up from their cups at me. One is especially pretty and I recognize him as one that has been there for a few weeks (he is white with teal fins). My friend sees me eyeballing the fish and after 10 minutes, I've bought the fish and a home for him. BUT, the kicker is that he isn't for me!!! My reasoning for buying the little guy is that I remember my boyfriend saying he wanted one, but he was just afraid he would kill it. So, I have the key to my boyfriend's apt. already because I had to pick up some stuff I accidentally left at his place. Why not set up the betta while he is gone to?

Nothing beat the "my girlfriend is crazy but I still love her" look that I received upon the discovery of his new pet. Oh, and he really likes the betta (I would have taken the betta to my place anyway if my b/f didn't want him)

He also mentioned that someone has two little gerbils they are giving away for free and that he "wouldn't mind" if I adopted them. Such a sweetie!!!

Awww shucks! That is a very nice thing that you two are doing. :D However, I do see you coming out ahead just a little bit there Rubysoho. I mean, you get two gerbils...LOL

well, the gerbils were already adopted out when I called for info, but that is okay :) The betta seems to be happy and active (although he isn't eating like I'd want him to). My boyfriend decided to name him VHS, which I'm sure any of you electronic geeks will find amusing :mrgreen:

The betta sounds beautiful! None of my bettas ever ate until I had them for about 4 or 5 days. One didn't eat until day 8!

update: he is eating quite well now (I switched to a smaller pellet), has a huge bubble nest that he's been working on, and a nice java fern to hang out in and around. :D

Back
Top Bottom