sweet blue eyed baby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sidani

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i traded my 12" pleco in today at a local pet shop and picked out a baby one to replace it. the guy chose it for me out of the tank because he said it was "different". and it was! :D i didn't realise just how different until i got it home and took a few pictures of it. i apologise for the quality of the picture, but this is a blue eyed pleco, no? it's a very industrious little fellow. :) it's in the 10 gallon aquarium with the guppies. when it gets big enough, i will move it over to the 55 gal. it's about 2" long right now. does anyone have any advice on keeping this rare little gem?

Attachments

• dscn5908.jpg
    dscn5908.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 53
  • dscn5908.jpg
    dscn5908.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 76
sorry for the double pic post, is there a way for me to fix that?

Does the eyes look blue when not taking pics? It could just be the flash. The pleco looks much like a rhino pleco (pterygoplichthys scrophus) . I have one. The blue eyed pleco is panaque cochliodon. Check out these plecos at planetcatfish.com and see what you think.

As for care, I don't imagine it would be any different than most plecos. Make sure he/she has some wood to rasp on. Offering some veggies like zucchini/squash is appreciated, as well as bottom feeder foods like algae tablets and shrimp pellets. Good luck with your new addition.

thank you, Fluff :) i think you are correct, it does look like a rhino. *sigh* lol and here i was hoping i'd found a treasure. :) oh well, it's still a pretty little thing. and i do love those blue eyes in the pics. :D

Rhinos are awesome. Very much like the sailfin plecos, I believe they have the potential to get up to 18" long. Just a little fyi for later use. :wink:
Mine is one of my favorite plecos. Lots of character and not at all shy. :D

that's great to know, Fluff :) thank you for that fyi, too, lol ... he'll outgrow me before he's halfway through his life cycle. my favorite that i have is a 7" clown loach. :) he's amazing.

thanks again for the info and taking the time to respond. :) i really appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom