Test subject and the unexpected

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ImACoolguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Been trying for a little while to find a tankmate for my JD. A few people recommended a convict cichlid as mean enough to fend for itself. So last night I got the biggest meanest convict in the tank at the LFS. Needless to say he went from bully to scared little boy when he saw his monster tankmate. Working on an updated picture. He's found himself a cave miss JD can't fit in and is hanging out there.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431513856.911554.jpg

While there, I saw this beautiful angel. It was with another one that was obviously the alpha male and was being a dirtbag to him. Couldn't resist. He looks to be fully mature. He seems just fine with my juvenile angel so far and they are swimming together. So maybe my juvi is a female??? Only time will tell.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431514146.446251.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431514162.664439.jpg

Caleb

That angel is gorgeous!

Interesting in hearing how things go with the JD and con (y)

Beautiful Angel.

Had similar situation with a mean fish I had - went from my peaceful community tank to a semi aggressive tank with bigger fish (not mean but I guess could be) of my friends and "wow" did he ever turn into a model citizen.

gorgeous Angel, absolutely stunning.
I had an aggressive fantail, believe it or not. When I got a larger tank I used this opportunity to introduce him into the new environment last. I didn't know if it would work, it just seemed fairer to give the other fish a week or two's rest from the bully, Barry. It has worked for me, he's now peaceful and charming and the tank is more balanced.

Back
Top Bottom