The littlest jawfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

herp_mommy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Went to a chain store to pick up a damsel for my frogfish, and saw a pearly jawfish that was maybe an inch long, getting picked on by some blennies. I bought him on impulse, but he seems to be totally happy in his new (relatively humongous) home! He's been eating well, made a great burrow, and is defending it- picking up hermit crabs bigger than him and tossing them away. Can't wait to watch this little dude grow!

Attachments

• IMG_3343.jpg
    IMG_3343.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_3352.jpg
    IMG_3352.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 119
How big is his tank? Nice little guy. One of hardier species in my opinion.

it's a 75. If I zoomed any further out, the red circle to find him would be too small! ha

They love to carpet surf. I have always found the ones I kept on the floor at some point. cool little guys though.

They love to carpet surf. I have always found the ones I kept on the floor at some point. cool little guys though.

That's how I found my last one. I don't think this guy is powerful enough to take a flying leap just yet, but I do keep a cover for the tank when I know there will be high traffic.

For me, it happened at night when the lights were out. Something in the tank made them freak out. It's the same with all the ones I've kept, even the blue spot.

I wish I could find on that small to grow out, but X is sure right about the carpet surfing, my last one went the same way, at night to.

For me, it happened at night when the lights were out. Something in the tank made them freak out. It's the same with all the ones I've kept, even the blue spot.

That's what happened to ours, too. :(

I LOVE jawfish but we decided not to try again with them. I hope you can keep yours in the tank, they are such cool fish. :)

Back
Top Bottom