The new kid in town

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jchillin

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, I've been keeping it a secret long enough.

Over the past weekend, I traded in my two otos for...

A sailfin Pleco! It was a decision that was thought out over a period of time. The family wanted him/her...I wanted him/her and everyone accepted the fact that the sailfin will eventually grow to tremendous proportions (all the more reason to get that larger tank...right?).

As soon as my sister-in-law returns my camera (which she's had since New Years) pics of the sailfin and the angels will be forthcoming. :D

As soon as my sister-in-law returns my camera (which she's had since New Years) pics of the sailfin and the angels will be forthcoming.
Well, I won't hold my breath!! :biglol:

Excellent pleco. They can attain lengths of up to 18". I have one myself and it's an awesome fish. Can't wait to see pics. :D

Menagerie said:
As soon as my sister-in-law returns my camera (which she's had since New Years) pics of the sailfin and the angels will be forthcoming.
Well, I won't hold my breath!! :biglol:

You can breathe easy now!

I got the camera back and here are the first pics. He's under the wood, best pic I could get for now.

Attachments

• cliff.jpg
    cliff.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 195
You should trade in some more fish for some photography lessons! :lol: Just kidding!!! I wanna see this critter!

You know...whenever I post tank or fish pics, its usually one or two pics out of a hundred or more that I had to take just to get one right! :oops: . I can never get a good pic.

youronlysin said:
You should trade in some more fish for some photography lessons! :lol: Just kidding!!! I wanna see this critter!

You know...whenever I post tank or fish pics, its usually one or two pics out of a hundred or more that I had to take just to get one right! :oops: . I can never get a good pic.

Trying to get a full body pic of a pleco is a very tough thing to do. If they see you, they run for cover! I'm gonna try to "sneak" up on him when he least expects it :wink:

Bah...they know your trying to get a picture of them. Mine would sit right in front of the tank..near the glass. He would sitthere an hour. I could even get my camera out....move slowly in front of the tank. Sometimes his fins would open up and I'd think "Oh man! Im gonna get a great shot finally!" I'd open the shutter while watching him closely....turn on the display and look down to make sure it was on and when I look back up hes gone!!!! Im almost positive hes doing it on purpose :lol:

My plecos do the same thing Jchillin, I just sit next to my tank very quietly, and after a while they come out and are easy to photograph if you've got your camera in hand. Although it probably will be easier for you in a couple of weeks, when he's really settled in and knows his way around the tank :wink:

My pleco sits in his hiding spot, and refuses to come out. I can walk into the room, see him out, but he immediately he returns to his spot.

I got one about two months ago when he was not even an inch in length and now he is well over two inches, maybe three. I love his giant dorsal fin!

Back
Top Bottom