unknown fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coldwaterfan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi

I got given 6 fish which have sorted any alege issues but i havent a clue what they are

Any ideas?

ForumRunner_20131027_213303.jpg

ForumRunner_20131027_213347.jpg

Thank you

I know i should have researched them before sticking them in but they seam fine in my temperate tank if a little aggressive between themselves.

Do they only have one barb on each side of their faces? Also Chinese algae eaters get aggressive with age.

I had a couple and they cleaned all the algea of my tank, but then they got aggressive towards each other and they grow pretty big too. So I took them back to my lfs

Just been reading up on them and it explains the mystery of a ripped tail and killed weather loach and mia danio might get shot of them.

They will get big and aggressive. Mine is thick(not fat) and is about 5-7 inches

They look like otos to me? I have 3. I'm no expert though so could be wrong. If they are otos then the only grow to about 5-6cm

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I had one for about 6 years and it was probably around 6 inches never seen any aggression but I have read they can become a problem

Back
Top Bottom