Upgrading aquarium and changing filter - need advice!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

naomi-a

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all, I've had my Juwel Vision 180 tank for 7 years now and have decided to upgrade it as my lovely fish have all increased in size rather dramatically and need a bigger home!
I've won a 260 vision on Ebay for a bargain price but the guy who's selling it has removed the original internal filter and he's putting the existing filter in his new tank.

I've never used an external before so would appreciate advice on purchasing the best one for the new size tank. I need to consider size and noise but also I would prefer one that comes with the highest reviews! I'm not made of money so don't want to pay over the odds but I don't want to scrimp on something that's also going to be important to the wellbeing of my 'family'!

The second question is I have a large plec, 12 inches and he's my baby and the reason I've gone for the bigger tank! The problem is I'm starting to panic about moving him as I've never transferred fish before so wouldn't know where to start or how I'm going to do this! He's a shy guy and freaks out when I clean the tank. He tends to spend his day in a large ornamental log and comes out in early evening. Would I be best moving him in his log as that's quite easy to take out of the tank! I just don't want to distress him! I also have 6 very large angels and 4 huge clown loaches.

Advice on moving any of my fish with the least distress to them would be SO much appreciated!!

Back
Top Bottom