Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-08-2015, 08:42 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
Originally Posted by Lung Fish View Post
Nothing else really happening (aside from my plans to get a fire eel). I will make a new thread called "upside down catfish blog" as soon as he is out of QT (4 days).

Don't you only have a 45 gallon tank?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

NigelK8485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 06:51 PM   #12
Daphnia are People Too.
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Off Topic Posts have been deleted. Please stay on topic.

To the OP, good luck with your new guy. I have kept them in the past. I am not personally a fan of their temperament, but they are a very neat species. I do suggest getting a few more when they are in stock since this species can be especially shy and seems to stress less in groups. Also, make sure you have a lot of cover for them. there are actually several species that swim upside down though. Double check which one you have to make sure it is Synodontis nigriventris (the most commonly available). I have read that they will be fine with other similarly sized synos, though personally I believe this species does better with a few more of its own kind to cut down on potential stress. JME.

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, but thankfully they both led to fish stores.
absolutangel04 is offline   Reply With Quote

catfish, fish, psi, upside down

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com