Used 160 Gallon deal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mbooker

Aquarium Advice Regular
I finally got lucky buying online, found a 160 gallon online for a great deal. Came with a stand, ugly but solid and a decent looking sump set up. $200 dollars (CAD) for everything but the fish seems like a great deal to me!

k1dsb6.jpg

I'll have a little cleaning to do... and some painting, but everything looks to be in good condition. Measurements are 60" long, 28.5" deep and 22.5" high.

2rcq5iq.jpg

Haven't had a sump set up before, so I'll have to do some research on using that. I'm guessing its around a 30 gallon size. Can't wait to get this thing running!

I'm thinking some type of cichlid for it, but haven't decided what type yet so I'm open to suggestions.

Nice deal..
First thing about sumps is learn about your overflow and how it works , and fails..
Make sure you have tested the sump capacity for volume and the overflows behavior during a power outage [turn it off when you have it filled]...
Ask away on setting up the sump if you need the can be intimidating ,but are no big deal..
Go with a nice peaceful community tank IMO..

I've got the basic concept down now. Just have to figure my plumbing for the overflow now

check out the link at the bottom of my post it may be of help
not a bad deal decent price
if your going to stay with a lighter color you may have to prime the stand before paint
otherwise all that marker will bleed through

Thanks for the tips. The front is actually mdf and the bottom has swelled a bit from moisture. I think I'll end up replacing most of it which will get rid of the marker issue. I'll still have to prime, but should get a nicer finished product. The doors are solid wood and don't need replacing so I'll definitely need to make sure they don't show through.

Back
Top Bottom