Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-03-2006, 06:05 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular
i got all 5 of my fish from walmart and they are doing fine. Of course I've only had them for 5 days!

StngStr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 03:58 PM   #12
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
There are good stores out there. Some are not. Best you can do it combat the issue at a local level. Talk to the store manager.

Meredith, how is the lil betta?

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 08:44 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak
Did the Betta make it? I sure hope so! Good for you for trying to help this little thing out and give him/her a healthy place to live.
29 Gallon Planted Tank
10 Gallon Non-Planted Tank
LindaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 06:17 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Originally Posted by crazyred
Originally Posted by sparky-277
where is P.E.T.A when u need them?
If anyone is as old as me and can remember, WM used to also sell birds, hamster, mice and guinea pigs.........but they quit doing that. Someone needs to stop them from selling anything alive.......seriously!
i don't know how old you are but i remember that! i actually rescued my peaches from there. (little peach and white hamster)

i just rescued a pink Betta from pet smart. i hate to see them in those tiny little jars!!! its a good thing they don't community i would rescue them all!

"Piglet" is happy in his aquarium! we already have a tigger (who is blue, don't know where that came from LOL)

what passed me off was the girl at PS kept telling me that the betas didn't need warm water. that they are cold water fish. Well i know they don't NEED it but it makes them happier! before i started my fish passion i didn't know a lot about Betta's. i feel bad for them all now!
RockyT~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 12:30 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Originally Posted by Meredith
I wrote a letter to walmart once, but I never got a response. I am going to do it again, but this time I will be sending pictures.
I would call them instead of write. And make sure you call the 1-800 number not the store.
celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 05:48 AM   #16
There r good stores and bad store in every big chains like that. Take my area. We have a ladie ta store on grand street. She keeps fish her self and the tanks and betta's are keep in top nouch shape { At all times } Her guys that work on the night shift do the same thing. But then you go to the store not 5 miles away and it's like a death trape for the fish. Tanks yellow or green with algee and god only knows what else.
So your going to find good and bad in most all store chains. Where money is all that matters!!!
Old 03-10-2006, 03:11 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict
Oh wow. Sorry I never did an update. No that one only lived for two days. I sort of figured it wouldn't make it though. They let some of those fish go for so long with out a water change. When I do go in there, if I see any cups that look gross I take them off the shelf and I go put them on the counter next to the sink. I have taken as many as 6 cups of fish to the sink. I don't know if they do anything about the gross water, but I am hoping that someone will get the hint.
Meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 03:50 PM   #18
I have found the way to get Wal-mart to step plate and do something about it. I have called the local news stations and asked them "If a case of animal negleic would be something they'd report on. They told yes and then when I call the store and tell the manager. That me and a news crew will be there at so and so time to report on the bad fish keeping and unsfe for the sell to humans act. " They will get someone in that department that knows about and can keep fish. And supper fast to try it it works.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com