Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-21-2005, 03:50 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Walmart Rescue

I know now that I absolutely can NOT go into the fish section at walmart. I rescued another betta. There was one that was dead already in one filthy cup, and another one well on its way. The water was yellow and there were pieces of his fins floating around in there with him. I couln't leave him there to die. So I brought him home. He is in really bad shape but still pretty active. He will reside temporarily in the 2 gallon hex thing that I have. If he makes it through the night, I will post pics. Everyone cross your fingers!

Old 10-21-2005, 04:02 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to PBirdsong
Good job Meredith. Let us know.
It's amazing how different some places are. I have not been to our Wal-Mart's fish section, but our PetCo isn't all that bad as far as healthy fish are concerned. From what I have read here it may be the only one.

Old 10-21-2005, 04:08 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to Stuart Send a message via MSN to Stuart
Don't the US have some form of agency you can complain to? I know I'd get the council onto any shop that kept their fish in that kind of state.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 05:22 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

I wrote a letter to walmart once, but I never got a response. I am going to do it again, but this time I will be sending pictures.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:12 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to sparky-277
where is P.E.T.A when u need them?
Old 11-07-2005, 01:54 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to sudz
Thats awesome! Kudos to you for the rescue! (even if its an "attempt")

You have a good heart!
5 Gallon Guppy tank (Daughters tank)
sudz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 02:44 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via MSN to Zagz
Good for you! Fortunately our local walmart does look after their fish.

-----------
Site Administrator
Zagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 05:09 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Regular

OUR WAL-MART kills fish like a hobby.. then they sell what they don't kill to people like me who are too tired to drive 100 miles to the big city to get good fish.. I bought 2 plecos small 3 weeks ago.. They both died in 4 days and infected my whole 55 gallon tank.. Took 2 weeks to recover and only lost one guppy, but she was a breeder.. Wal-mart sucks..they seriously put 150-200 small fish in one 10 gallon sale tank.. then when one gets sick, all 200 get sick and all 200 die.. all but maybe two then they sell those two.. TO ME>> and then they die.. b*st*ds.... I wish someone would put Wal-mart ceo's in a fishtank with 199 of their best friends all with deadly diseases for two weeks to see if they survive.. please call peta.. Oh, and the latest travesty, they put aggressive fish in with neon tetras, and all the other tiny defenseless fish. When I worked at the pet store 2 years ago.. we put one kind of fish per tank.. just in case.. and all the sick fish, got their own tanks.. we went thru many $$$ trying to keep and sell happy healthly fish.. He was what you call a GOOD LFS.. and now he's out of business cause of Wal-mart, the fish killers.. again call peta..
Old 02-03-2006, 05:32 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to sudz
Quote: I wish someone would put Wal-mart ceo's in a fishtank with 199 of their best friends

I doubt he has 199 friends. Maybe for money!
5 Gallon Guppy tank (Daughters tank)
sudz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 06:12 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to crazyred
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky-277
where is P.E.T.A when u need them?
Out protesting local KFC's for not treating chickens "humanely" before killing and deep frying them. Good cause don't ya think?

My Walmart is a death machine for fishies. It's the sickest saddest thing I've ever seen.....100 little kids standing around enjoying watching the pleco devour the carcasses of all the fish that died in their tank. 8O

It would suit me just fine if WM stopped selling fish altogether. If anyone is as old as me and can remember, WM used to also sell birds, hamster, mice and guines pigs.........but they quit doing that. Someone needs to stop them from selling anything alive.......seriously!

55 gal.FW: 4 platies, 3 angelfish, 3 Cochu's blue tetras, 2 Rummynose tetras, 4 A. cacatuoides, 1 A. trifasciata, 2 blue rams, 6 Von Rio tetras, 1 Queen Arabesque pleco

29 Gal. FW: 2 variatus platies, 6 cherry barbs, 10 harlequin rasboras, 1 opaline gourami, 1 hillstream loach, 1 Rio Jari pleco (L-316), 1 GBR

10 Gal. FW: 1 african clawed frog, 1 dwarf flame gourami

10 Gal. FW:tons of blue ram fry

(4) 2 Gal. FW: all four with male bettas
crazyred is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rescue

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com