Water problems......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Plants like Anacharis, Water Sprite and tons of others are easy and fast growing. They'll stick right into the substrate or you can even float them if you want.

*tank looks good! Personally I'd start switching out some of the fake ones for real plants. You can get some great info from the guys in the planted tanks section on the site, or check out a website called http://www.plantgeek.net/

Ok, will do. Going on the long run here, but I wanted a silver shark in the future. And some gold barbs. Do you see any problems with having them?

Jimlor123 said:
Ok, will do. Going on the long run here, but I wanted a silver shark in the future. And some gold barbs. Do you see any problems with having them?

Do you mean Bala Sharks? The size tank they need is extremely debatable. Unless you live at Sea-world I recommend against it. They're super active, need to be kept with others and grow huge. IMO, they're one of the fish which should not be sold for home aquariums. I think the most recent minimum I heard was a 6' tank.

Jimlor123 said:
Is there any type of shark I could have in there?? :/

I'm not familiar with any fish people consider "sharks" which do not have a recommended minimum of 55 US gallons.

Yeah you're unfortunately too small for any shark at all. there's 2 problems with keeping sharks, the first is their size, they can get relatively large, the second and more important one, is the fact that 95% of sharks are highly-advanced swimmers, meaning they need tons of horizontal swimming room.....I too wanted a silver shark, but at 300 bucks a piece and not being able to keep other fish..I passed

Just a quick update. Done a 20% water change 1st thing today. Tested water everything a ok. :):):). Platies are doing fine, female getting bigger due to preggers. Thanks for all your help :)

Spot on. 20% - 25% once a week should be ok from now on, just keep doing the tests to be sure that it doesn't increase above 40.

:)

Will do. Once again thanks for all the help and advice..

I must add upon looking in tank this morn I noticed a baby platy :). What a STUD of a platy I have lol.

Hi all, just a quick update to say tank is doing really well, nitrates are now between 10 and 15. Have got a few more fish.. Now have
3 platies + 4 babies
1 dalmation Molly (adopted)
3 bn pleco's
5 gold barbs
And a few cherry shrimps

Have added a pic also. Let me know what you think!!

Attachments

• image-107881103.jpg
    image-107881103.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 86
Back
Top Bottom