Water quality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Asri

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,
I am new to this aquarium stuff. I jus bought a smal tank around 5 littres with some cuppish and angel fish last sat from the Pasir ris farms. I also bought a 10 dollor air pump.

I used da tap water from my hdb in tampines. Next day all fishes wer dead. I had put enough fud and left the air pump running overnight.

Sunday i bot jus gold fish and also i asked the aquarium shop guy about this and he said i shud use anti chlorine. But still 1 by 1 all fish are dead. I used 2 caps of this anti chlorine for 5 litres water.

Can anyone help and advice on water quality and fish maintenance Pls?

Asri said:
Hi,
I am new to this aquarium stuff. I jus bought a smal tank around 5 littres with some cuppish and angel fish last sat from the Pasir ris farms. I also bought a 10 dollor air pump.

I used da tap water from my hdb in tampines. Next day all fishes wer dead. I had put enough fud and left the air pump running overnight.

Sunday i bot jus gold fish and also i asked the aquarium shop guy about this and he said i shud use anti chlorine. But still 1 by 1 all fish are dead. I used 2 caps of this anti chlorine for 5 litres water.

Can anyone help and advice on water quality and fish maintenance Pls?

Welcome Aboard!

5 liters is only going to be big enough for some shrimp and is way too small for goldfish. Here's a link on cyling your tank without fish.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/artic...ks-for-your-fastest-fishless-cycle/Page1.html

You also need a filter. An air pump does not clean the water, it just stirs it around a little. You definetly need a bigger tank. And remember to feed only what your fish will eat in about 2 minutes, once a day, especially in a new tank. If there is any food left after 2 minutes, you must remove it. Or it will rot, and further degrade your water quality. And the fish won't eat it anyway.

Hi, and welcome. Please read the link in my signature for fishless cycling. In my opinion, that is essential to getting a great start in this hobby. I hope it helps and the author of it is on here all the time. We will help you as much as possible. Mr Limpet gives great advice also. Welcome to AA.

Thanx everyone for your advice. Its great to see so many helping souls in here :)

I hav custom home made a water filter after checking out a youtube video. And hav taken some of your advice. Will update how it goes.

Asri said:
Thanx everyone for your advice. Its great to see so many helping souls in here :)

I hav custom home made a water filter after checking out a youtube video. And hav taken some of your advice. Will update how it goes.

Please do.

Back
Top Bottom