Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-28-2014, 12:06 PM   #111
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via Skype™ to SuomiBetta
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon14 View Post

Doing a 50% water change then going to the pet store and hoping they have everything.

They seem to be a acting ok . A few have fins a little down. Swimming seems to be normal. . One was a little weird but we realized he was caught under the current a bit.
Cool. Most fish stores do.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 09-28-2014, 01:21 PM   #112
Aquarium Advice Addict

I lucked out! They had trial sizes of QuickStart and stresszyme

They had mela and Pima fix. Wish they had smaller bottles of those but smallest was 4oz. And bought an extra net. Spent about $25 not bad.

Here goes...

Old 09-28-2014, 01:23 PM   #113
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
I lucked out! They had trial sizes of QuickStart and stresszyme

They had mela and Pima fix. Wish they had smaller bottles of those but smallest was 4oz. And bought an extra net. Spent about $25 not bad.

Here goes...
Yay!

Sent from my SM-T210R using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 09-28-2014, 01:44 PM   #114
Aquarium Advice Addict

Took out the carbon filter squeezed it, it's drying in the sun. I wanted to keep it wet in case it had any good bacteria in it because I think it does from being in the cycled tank for a few days, but, if they do have anything, that would not be good in the filter.

So I am gona dry it out and before we use it again, rinse w really hot water. Or should I rinse it now?

I added the quick and stress stuff, I'm gona wait about a half hour, then add the meds. Does that sound ok?

I know you suggested doing a full dose, but we read that catfish should only have about half since they don't have scales and are more sensitive as a result. I read salt is probably fine so maybe I'll throw some in tomorrow, not sure yet.

They had a decent selection of fish Meds so if I need the other medicine you suggested I think they have it .

How will I know if they need more Meds? Like I said they seem fine now.

The guy at the store didn't really say much when I said I'm treating just in case since there were dead fish in the tank when I got them. :/. And I asked about their normal behavior he said watch them in the tank here. Oh well.
Old 09-28-2014, 02:29 PM   #115
Aquarium Advice Addict

Medicine added. Heaping 1/4 tsp of each is what I did. Thankfully they weren't really too close to the area I added everything when I added it. I added it all close to the filter too.

I hope this does the trick, seems like it should .

I can't wait to have them in the tank w the betta
Old 09-28-2014, 03:13 PM   #116
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Medicine added. Heaping 1/4 tsp of each is what I did. Thankfully they weren't really too close to the area I added everything when I added it. I added it all close to the filter too.

I hope this does the trick, seems like it should .

I can't wait to have them in the tank w the betta
It really should! I dug up two useful links that I'll post here for everyone to see and message to you. Granted this is encouraging to use their products but it doesn't devalue the useful information about diseases and symptoms/behaviors they have.

API Fish Care Tropical Fish First Aid Chart (descriptions of diseases and treatment suggestions): http://www.apifishcare.com/pdf/Tropi...id_Chart-6.pdf

API Fish Health Article (describes basic "I'm not feeling so good!" behaviors and what they may mean): API Fishcare: Articles
Old 09-28-2014, 03:22 PM   #117
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thank you for this information!!!
Old 09-28-2014, 03:45 PM   #118
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:

Thank you for this information!!!
You're welcome. These are extremely helpful. Did you get to see what normal swimming looks like for your corys?
Old 09-28-2014, 05:09 PM   #119
Aquarium Advice Addict

No. I only saw one in the tank (there must have been more but I didn't see them, since they like to hide on the rock in there lol) that we got them from when I was there, and I was a little short on time so I didn't stick around as I wanted to get things going for my little guys. I'll see if I can find some videos on YouTube or something though But from all written descriptions we've found thus far, I believe they are swimming and behaving normally
Old 09-28-2014, 05:36 PM   #120
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:

No. I only saw one in the tank that we got them from when I was there, and I was a little short on time so I didn't stick around as I want3ed to get things going for my little guys. I'll see if I Can find some videos on YouTube or something though But from all written descriptions we've found thus far, I believe they are swimming and behaving normally
That's good. Petco usually has a good selection of fish meds and would probably have the stronger ones if necessary. (As an aside did you consider picking up some Bettafix for Bubbles? Bettafix is a less concentrated version of Melafix just for Bettas and if your Corys are indeed sensitive it will be much gentler on them as well) Fingers crossed that they don't need them! And there's a betta pics thread and I posted a picture of Ragnar there.

Tags
catfish, dwarf, fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com