Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-30-2014, 09:27 PM   #181
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via Skype™ to SuomiBetta
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon14 View Post
Oh ok! I already knew that, thank you though

It's ok! Get some sleeeepppp And tell Ragnar I said hello!
I shall. He wants to know if he can have a treat

Sent from my SM-T210R using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 09-30-2014, 09:34 PM   #182
Aquarium Advice Addict

He can have a treat! :P Do you have frozen or freeze dried blood worms for him? I have freeze dried, but my loveable brat didn't chase it much after it blew away from the current a day or two ago. It is now decomposing in the back near the heater and filter. Ugh. I can't wait to suck it up!!!!

I am hoping that I can get some more variety of fish food for my catfish at the other lfs or maybe PetCo if I go anytime soon, otherwise I will order online. I got lots of great responses in another thread I made called what to feed pygmy catfish.

Old 10-01-2014, 02:55 PM   #183
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ammonia and nitrite perfect in the catfish tank today!

Sept 28 we did a 50% water change and then I added the QuickStart and stress Zyme.

Today is day 4 of treatment. 3 days left then I'll give a whirl at salt. Only 1-2 wilty fins and its not all the time.

Gona test water daily for ammonia and nitrite but seems like the bacteria in a bottle is doing its job and/or they haven't made much waste :p
Old 10-01-2014, 04:29 PM   #184
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Ammonia and nitrite perfect in the catfish tank today!

Sept 28 we did a 50% water change and then I added the QuickStart and stress Zyme.

Today is day 4 of treatment. 3 days left then I'll give a whirl at salt. Only 1-2 wilty fins and its not all the time.

Gona test water daily for ammonia and nitrite but seems like the bacteria in a bottle is doing its job and/or they haven't made much waste :p
Trust me, it's the bacteria. There's definitely pee/poop in there :P Heck that Stress Zyme is eating the water mold in Ragnar's tank. And Ragnar says thanks for the treat
Old 10-01-2014, 05:53 PM   #185
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yayyyy I will keep testing, but thanks again for telling me to try that stuff! I am glad that I had the option of buying teeny trial size bottles since my lfs had them in stock, because I didn't want to spend too much money at the time, but, it's great to know about this stuff especially in a pinch! Which is what I was in for these catfish and treating them!

You're welcome Ragnar
Old 10-01-2014, 06:05 PM   #186
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I like the Hikari Omnivore sinking waters for the bottom feeders they can be broken into 5-6 or 7 pieces to share. Heck even the Betta will probably like a bit.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 06:13 PM   #187
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks
Old 10-03-2014, 01:49 AM   #188
Aquarium Advice Addict

Watching their little mouths move while eating... SO CUTE! I just love them!!

Also I'm quite happy to report no ammonia or nitrite in their 5g tank after 5 days of treatment with melafix and pimafix and no water changes during that time except when we did a 50% change right before starting this. I used QuickStart and stresszyme too.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:48 AM   #189
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Watching their little mouths move while eating... SO CUTE! I just love them!!

Also I'm quite happy to report no ammonia or nitrite in their 5g tank after 5 days of treatment with melafix and pimafix and no water changes during that time except when we did a 50% change right before starting this. I used QuickStart and stresszyme too.
Awesome! How are their fins and breathing?

Sent from my SM-T210R using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 10-03-2014, 11:45 PM   #190
Aquarium Advice Addict

Fins look good but one looks like his top fin got trimmed a bit :/. Duno if it was already like that. It's sticking up like it should though. One wilty fin on another fish.

How do you watch a fishes breathing?

Tags
catfish, dwarf, fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com