Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-23-2014, 09:59 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah I know. Problem is we have very very little space. The 10g we have now is on an old TV stand that can support it between our computer desk & tv area. The 5g is in a wide, sturdy windowsill (don't worry, it's not in direct sunlight or drafty ). There's seriously not really anywhere else to put another tank. Without spending a lot of $$ on a stand but then there is the problem of where to put the blasted thing lol!

Yeah exactly! We have spent a lot of $$ on fish stuff, a lot more than if I would have bought the hamster that I was originally going to get LOL. I love hamsters, but, then we ended up with a betta fish after a trip to PetCo, so here we are... I love him though and I like these new fish too!

Old 09-23-2014, 10:03 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via Skype™ to SuomiBetta
I hear you lol! It's a minor miracle I got my 5 gallon in here. I have to keep reminding myself that neither my wallet nor my apartment has the space for a 120 gallon haha but I'm happy my local Petsmart has lots of healthy and handsome bettas in stock

Sent from my SM-T210R using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 09-23-2014, 10:07 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah! Not much space sucks!

I got our betta when he had just come in that day. Nice and healthy. I hate hate hate that his ammonia got a little too high -- twice -- and a lot of his tail has fallen off and stuff. We treated him twice with salt and he seems fine now. I don't think it is getting worse. From what I understand, it can take a while to heal, if at all. He had a beautiful perfect tail. Oh well... he seems happy and his personality and perkiness never changed, so that is good.

PetCo does have a lot of bettas! I think too many, though. I hate seeing them all on shelves, in tiny cups, they better change the water daily!!!!! I fell in love with this blue plakat one day... he was FAST in his little cup. I wanted him too but, I can't have every fish I fall in love with I guess. ::Sigh:: I still think about him and I saw him two months ago.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:10 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yeah. My last betta was a lovely double halfmoon. He never got his tail fully back but he was his usual viking warrior fish self so it didn't matter. He died of cancer :'( still miss him.

Old 09-23-2014, 10:11 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

AWwwwww

I'm sorry for your loss I would be really upset if we lost our betta before his time. When it is his time, which I don't want to think about, I'll be really sad. I am very attached to him.

How did you know it was cancer?
Old 09-23-2014, 10:15 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

He had a lump at the base of his spine that just kept getting bigger and bigger. Aside from that he was healthy. Then he just started wasting away before I had to euthanize him. Sadder yet he was barely a year old

Old 09-23-2014, 10:16 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

I am seriously thinking that these catfish are c. pygmaeus and not c. habrosus. Oh well, time will tell, but, based on pictures online, I think that's what they are. They're labeled as c. habrosus in the store. Oh well, they are still pygmy catfish so it doesn't matter to me. Someone else might be upset though. We were just going to get whatever dwarf kind of catfish they had anyway, not being picky about the species.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:18 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm so sorry for your loss That's terrible.

We lost our dear cat a few months ago. We did everything we could for him, but he told us when he was ready. It was a horrible thing to have to take him in and not come back with him, but, that's the last act of kindness and respect you can have for a loved animal companion.

We'd gotten our betta the night before our cat told us it was his time, and let me tell you, our betta really helped me through it. I'm glad that we got him when we did.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:24 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Freak

Just beware of differing species requirements! And thank you. Surtur (my last betta) always knew how to cheer me up. He's in the great fish tank of Valhalla now. Probably challenging Odin to a duel and Thor to a drinking contest lol. He didn't quite realize he was a fish lol

Old 09-23-2014, 10:26 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

The three species of dwarf catfish seem to need very similar conditions, so I am not too worried about it. I will do a little more research, though.

You're welcome Awww lol

Tags
catfish, dwarf, fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com