We thought we bought a Yellow Tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Eeeeeeeaaaaaaaaasssssyyyyyyy there SB, Slow and easy is best. It gives your tank a chance to adjust to your bio-load and mature a little, use the time looking for your optimum fish and testing your water (I do lots of that). I'm with you though I want more fish too sometimes i look at my tank and see 120 gallons of open space and have to look for the fish on occasion. I'm going to follow the general consensus of the members and take my time and enjoy.

Oh most definitely though. I am taking my time, I want to do this right. I do think that the tank can handle another addition at this point though because it is doing so well. You should see, Im neurotic. I check my params everyday. The boss keeps saying that she has lost me to the tank. I need to get myself a refractometer though, I dont completely trust the hydrometer.

Oh most definitely though. I am taking my time, I want to do this right. I do think that the tank can handle another addition at this point though because it is doing so well. You should see, Im neurotic. I check my params everyday. The boss keeps saying that she has lost me to the tank. I need to get myself a refractometer though, I dont completely trust the hydrometer.
I don't trust mine either. I started a thread to get some info on it.http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f60/refractometer-question-119055.html/. Take the boss out for dinner, I have to do the same, I've been spending oodles of time on the tank myself, it's time for a break (A short one though;)).

I don't trust mine either. I started a thread to get some info on it.http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f60/refractometer-question-119055.html/. Take the boss out for dinner, I have to do the same, I've been spending oodles of time on the tank myself, it's time for a break (A short one though;)).

Yes indeed, a short break should suffice....:p The boss has been begging me for a puppy, we are going to check one out today. I told her I will be losing her to the dog and she replied, well, Ive already lost you to the fish tank (that she bought FOR me) so now we're even. Shes a tough one that boss of mine :clown:

Yes indeed, a short break should suffice....:p The boss has been begging me for a puppy, we are going to check one out today. I told her I will be losing her to the dog and she replied, well, Ive already lost you to the fish tank (that she bought FOR me) so now we're even. Shes a tough one that boss of mine :clown:
LOL:clown:. It's all good

You guys are really aggrevating me!!! I am going to have to get a SW tank now after seeing all the cool fish and stuff that you guys have.....arrrrghggggggggg!!

You guys are really aggrevating me!!! I am going to have to get a SW tank now after seeing all the cool fish and stuff that you guys have.....arrrrghggggggggg!!
There is only one way to overcome the stress, Come in and join the fun:D.

I would say its more of an inspiration not aggravation!! SW tanks are the way to go (coming from a long history of FW)!! I say go for it!!!

:king:

What is the least expensive and easiest introduction into saltwater? FOWLR?

I have done really well when it comes to money saving. I got a 29g bioCube (comes with biological/chemical/mechanical filter, lights, fans, no need for powerhead as you can direct outgoing water tube upward to create a nice steady current). You just need to do your research. In my case, we got lucky because I found the 29g on drsfostersmith.com for $250. I called up my LFS and they matched it. Its pretty cool. So I got that, I spent a little more on my heater (150w but 100w would be fine), 15lbs of substrate (aragonite), and LR. The LR is where you are going to pay a bit more. Honestly though, if you take a look at the big picture, I havent spent too much and I have such an amazing tank to look at now. Its awesome!

Mine tank was a bit more, but I'll probably get the bioCube for the boss for X-mas.

Flower Pot Tulip!
That's fantastic.
ccCapt, please don't give InfernoST any heightened sense of self. He knows his place in the tank. It sounds like he is somewhere between a snail and a rock, quietly going about doing his job. I think that InfernoST is better knowing his place; then he does not get into trouble!!!!!!!!!!

Well that has been by experience!

flower pot tulip!
That's fantastic.
Cccapt, please don't give infernost any heightened sense of self. He knows his place in the tank. It sounds like he is somewhere between a snail and a rock, quietly going about doing his job. I think that infernost is better knowing his place; then he does not get into trouble!!!!!!!!!!

Well that has been by experience!
lol:lol:

Back
Top Bottom