Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-29-2009, 11:01 AM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cccapt View Post
and you call yourself a new yorker?
lol

Old 07-29-2009, 11:05 AM   #32
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Which LFS is this? Im going!

Old 07-29-2009, 11:10 AM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cccapt View Post
and you call yourself a new yorker?
lol. It must be age, Being a New Yorker 100% of the time is tough and takes a lot of energy I instead I pick and choose when to let the NYer out. . Besides I have more energy to allocate for better things, Like the kids, Fish and oh Yeah the Wife.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:13 AM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etunes View Post
Wow, beautiful fish. I want one. You are lucky to have found Tulip the fish.
Thanks Man. It's easy to get one just bring a 5 yr old to the store with you they look at things on another level plus they have a better view of the fish in the bottom tanks. Hey It works
Old 07-29-2009, 11:22 AM   #35
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlkng1 View Post
...personally, I would love to see the look on the faces of the people at the LFS if they ever found out what they actually had in their tank. One of the reasons I take the LFS folks' recommendations very carefully. I tend to use them as a starting point for the research. Maybe an anonymous book donation (with the correct page marked) that identifies saltwater fish, especially Tangs

I agree BTW, he is a beauty.
I thought about it but then the NY'er (As ccCapt Pointed out) came out and I said Fuuughettaboooutit. Thanks for the compliment.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:25 AM   #36
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkbait430 View Post
Which LFS is this? Im going!
Come on down to Brooklyn and I'll show you around, This guy is relatively small but has very high quality stock much like the yours. We'll bring the boss, maybe she'll find another one.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:34 AM   #37
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernoST View Post
Come on down to Brooklyn and I'll show you around, This guy is relatively small but has very high quality stock much like the yours. We'll bring the boss, maybe she'll find another one.

Haha yes! The boss would be sure to come so she can pick out another expensive fish that I could buy for a cheap price! Anyways, I love my LFS they just dont always get too many shipments in and if they do they are pretty small. They'll order what I want for the most part but I dont know how long it'll take (Im an impatient guy - as you can see ). There is this other LFS that I went to ONE time and bought 10lbs of LR because they were selling it for $7/lb but I hated them and I though the boss (aka the woman) was going to kill them because they werent too nice. They did have a variety of fish though and the quality wasnt the greatest. IDK!!! Other than that, there arent very many SW LFS!!!!!

If I find myself in the city one day, I might just make a trip over to Brooklyn

Old 07-29-2009, 11:42 AM   #38
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Haha yes! The boss would be sure to come so she can pick out another expensive fish that I could buy for a cheap price! Anyways, I love my LFS they just dont always get too many shipments in and if they do they are pretty small. They'll order what I want for the most part but I dont know how long it'll take (Im an impatient guy - as you can see ). There is this other LFS that I went to ONE time and bought 10lbs of LR because they were selling it for $7/lb but I hated them and I though the boss (aka the woman) was going to kill them because they werent too nice. They did have a variety of fish though and the quality wasnt the greatest. IDK!!! Other than that, there arent very many SW LFS!!!!!

If I find myself in the city one day, I might just make a trip over to Brooklyn

Sounds good. I myself stay out of store with arrogant people (My tolerance for that kind of stuff is extremely low and have no problem letting them know what they are), my lfs treat my kids like gold and have given them free fish and let them help @ feeding time. Awesome people, they will always get my business.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:47 AM   #39
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernoST View Post
Sounds good. I myself stay out of store with arrogant people (My tolerance for that kind of stuff is extremely low and have no problem letting them know what they are), my lfs treat my kids like gold and have given them free fish and let them help @ feeding time. Awesome people, they will always get my business.
Thats how I feel about my LFS. They are such respectable people. They always throw in free things for me. I neever pay full price for anything because they see that Im dedicated to their store so they cut me some slack. I also trust their advice (mainly because the major part of their business is servicing and setting up aquariums). For all these reasons, they will always get my business. Im usually in there 3 days a week anyway! I just am dying to get a fish this week!
Old 07-29-2009, 12:02 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Thats how I feel about my LFS. They are such respectable people. They always throw in free things for me. I neever pay full price for anything because they see that Im dedicated to their store so they cut me some slack. I also trust their advice (mainly because the major part of their business is servicing and setting up aquariums). For all these reasons, they will always get my business. Im usually in there 3 days a week anyway! I just am dying to get a fish this week!
Eeeeeeeaaaaaaaaasssssyyyyyyy there SB, Slow and easy is best. It gives your tank a chance to adjust to your bio-load and mature a little, use the time looking for your optimum fish and testing your water (I do lots of that). I'm with you though I want more fish too sometimes i look at my tank and see 120 gallons of open space and have to look for the fish on occasion. I'm going to follow the general consensus of the members and take my time and enjoy.

Tags
tan, tang, yellow tang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com