Well I Traded my Mantis for a Few Frags

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
C

cj10488

Well I traded my 2" mantis and a few pieces of xenia for a few Orange M. Digitada Frags and a few Star Polyps. Here they are now in the tank..

James

BTW does the Placement method look ok for the M. Digitada.. They were unmounted so I just placed them inside a hole in the LR..

James

Ok I decided to move the M. Digitada a bit closer to each other as they are all the same.. Here is the new pic

The digitata should be okay but the "star polyps" look like stick polyps Acrozoanthus. Nice trade BTW...

Cheers
Steve

lol Ok so Just what do I need to know about these Acrozoanthus.. They seem to be pretty close to what you stated they are however I cant seem to find any other information on them..

James

I will get close up of the polyps as soon as the lights come on.. Give me about 4 hours and I should have a good pick of them..

James

Well this is the best close up that I could possibly get..

Hope this is better,
James

Yep, Yellow polyps.. I have a bunch of them... Pretty cool really they are like aiptasia in a way, because they multiply rapidly....I like them...Good deal....

Hey timbo2

I cant seem to find out if the sting other corals at all.. I have them placed quite close to my seritopora and Acro.. As the Star Polyps would not be harmful however I found that the other Acrozoanthus were.. Should I worry about this??

TIA,
James

Im pretty sure i read that yellow polyps can sting other corals so i keep mine away from everything although they are on the same shell as some zooanthids and they are both growing like crazy

Ok I went ahead and moved them over by my Zoos that I already had... Hopefully everything is ok.. They are all semi loose polyps.. They should attach themselves correct.. They are kinda attached to some sort of CC or something.....

TIA,
James

Even zoo's will fight chemically so be sure they are still a few good inches apart for growing room. They should attach to just about any hard surface they come in contact with...

Cheers
Steve

The zoos are on its own rock so they can be moved it they need to be later.. There is plenty of growing room between the both of them...

Thanks Again Guys,
James

Be prepared for fast growth. I bought a rock about 4" three months ago, and it has spread onto other rocks now making it about 8 or 9 inches now. I have heard them refered to as good aiptasia if there is such a thing...

Back
Top Bottom