Went shoppin'!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toirtis

God of primitive fishes
Local pet shop was clearing everything out of its fishroom in preparation for a major reno....I picked up 5 pieces of mopani wood, a new Hagen 799 airpump, a used timer, three plants (not sure just what they are yet), two 16oz flats of Hikari bloodworms, two 4oz flats of frozen daphnia, and two small fishnets....all for $45 CDN (about $37US)!

Serlunchbox and Menagerie were there, too....and Menagerie needed a shopping cart for all the stuff she bought! :p

Toirtis said:
Local pet shop was clearing everything out of its fishroom in preparation for a major reno....I picked up 5 pieces of mopani wood, a new Hagen 799 airpump, a used timer, three plants (not sure just what they are yet), two 16oz flats of Hikari bloodworms, two 4oz flats of frozen daphnia, and two small fishnets....all for $45 CDN (about $37US)!

Wow...good deal Toirtis!

Toirtis said:
Serlunchbox and Menagerie were there, too....and Menagerie needed a shopping cart for all the stuff she bought! :p

Why am I not surprised?

My cart was FULL of wood, lava rock, Texas holey rock, lace rock and some sort of sand stone that was drilled out. Plus, I picked up some frozen food and 4 S petricola. Oh, the bargain of the day was the lights!! 60% off! Trevor is getting ready to build some hoods!!!!

Normally those woods and rock are sold by the pound, but at $2 a piece, I did load up my cart (I'm going to have to post a pic or two, some of the rock was HUGE)!!! Much of it will be resold at the CAS auction in March, to offset costs of setting up our fish tanks after the move.

I also got a bag full of store-used (partially full) dry fish foods:

Nutrafin Max freeze-dried tablets, 3x45g, two full, one ½ full.
Nutrafin Max sinking complete tablets, 1x 261g, 2/3 full.
Nutrafin Max complete floating pellet food, 1x 141g, 1x 84g, both full.
Nutrafin Max betta food (flake), 2x 15g, both full.
Nutrafin Max golfish flake food, 1x 12g, ½ full.
Nutrafin Max goldfish pellets mix, 1x 289g, 2/3 full.
Nutrafin Max turtle gammarus pellets, 1x 56g, full.
Nutrafin livebearer flake, 1x 28g, full.
Nutrafin freeze-dried tubifex, 1x 7g, ½ full.
Nutrafin fry food, 1x 28g, full.
Nutrafin brine shrimp flake, 1x 28g, full.
Nutrafin staple food sinking pellets, 1x 68g, full.
Nutrafin basic floating koi pellets, 1x 250g, 7/8 full.
Petland freeze-dried brine shrimp, 3x 12g, all full.
Sera flora vegetable flake, 1x 22g, 1/3 full.
Sera GVG-mix flakes, 1x 22g, 1/4 full.
TetraDelica freeze-dried bloodworms, 1x 8g, ½ full.
Wardley shrimp pellets, 1x 907g, 1/3 full.
Hikari ocean planton (freeze dried), 1x 12g, 2/3 full.
Hikari cichlid gold mini pellets, 1x 250g, full.
Hikari sinking carnivore pellets, 1x 74g, 2/3 full.
Hikari lionhead enhancement goldfish food, 1x 350g, full.
Rep-Cal box turtle food, 1x 340g, full.
Seachem 'south american cichlid salt' liquid, 1x 250ml, full.
Seachem 'betta basics' water conditioner, 1x 250ml, ½ full.

Probably a good $250-$300 worth of stuff...all for free (I will be giving some of it away, though)! :multi:

i got a Hang On Tank magnum cannister filter (250 GPH) with a marineland bio-wheel 30 attatchment, 3 very large pieces of slate, apx 15 lbs of sand and a multi-tool for trimming and maintaining plants (great for me cause of cuts i may get on my hand from work) all for under $125 Canadian

SerLunchbox said:
i got a Hang On Tank magnum cannister filter (250 GPH) with a marineland bio-wheel 30 attatchment,

That was a sweet deal...it was the Magnum HOT Pro kit (some serious water-polishing with that puppy):

con_pic2_hotmag.jpg
[/img]

Lunch... I'm going to have to stop giving you rides to these things!! When you getting a car again so you can be the taxi driver!! haha :twisted:

Picked up an Emperor 400 and a Mini BioWheel, put the mini on a 10gallon tank with two bettas (w/divider), and the emp400 went on my african tank to add onto the canister filter already working that one. Time to load up that tank on cichlids!

Back
Top Bottom