Went to the LFS last night...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Menagerie

Aquarium Advice Addict
...and came home with new friends!!
I finally got my pigmy cories, they are so tiny--they only get to an inch big and they are not even half that size. They are currently helping to cycle the QT tank for when one the cichlids starts mouth brooding, she will go in the QT tank and the pygmies will live with the Badis in the 10 gal hex. My fiancé spotted some brichardi and of course, there was no prices :x !! We found an employee who told us they are $8.99 each--okay, we'll get two (he ended up charging us $6.99 because we took the small ones :biglol: ). Then, we picked up three clown loaches for our 80 gal cichlid tank. The clown loaches looked about the right size, but when we introduced them to the tank, Jack (as in Jack Dempsey) was a little too interested in them as a snack!!! By then, the clown loaches were all over the tank, so we took all the rock and wood from the tank and rescued the loaches. They will have to grow up in the community tank for a long while.
Now, we need to stay far away from the LFS (at least until we upgrade the 29 gal to 50!)

Wow! A shopping spree! I am particularly partial to N. Brichardi - which tank did they go into?

I adore pygmy cories, as well (allright, never met a cory cat I didn't like :wink:) so watch them carefully in that 5g - I am not sure how they will handle a cycling process.

Someday I will get myself some clown loaches, but they'll have to wait for the big tank.

Congratulations - sounds like a big happy haul!

The Brichardi are in the community tank. The pygmies are happily going about their business. The 5 gal was seeded using water from the 80 gal and so far, so good!

I'm jealous! I have been looking for pygmy corys for AGES; no one around here ever carries em. I even asked the halfway decent lfs to grab some for me...they didn't even know what they were *sigh*

Alli, I am sorry to hear you can't find the little guys. The LFS still has a ton of them (and the Badis I bought weeks ago). I don't think people know what to do with them!

Back
Top Bottom