what can go in with a oscar/s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Carbon can be the cause, in rare cases. You are right to attribute his diet to be the main cause.

If it is 200 gallons no problem, if it's 200 liters then no. Try to get the other two dimensions for us.

+1. Even if it's just the measurements of the width length and height we can figure out how many gallons it is.

Hi what would you say could go in with the oscar's its a 4 foot tank which is quite deep to!?

That means you probably only have a tank capable of holding ONE JUVENILE Oscar and nothing more. As an adult single Oscar, or with any other fish, you would need a bigger tank.

If you do get a bigger tank, compatible fish in my experience are: Silver Dollars (by far the best tankmate I have found for mine), Plecos (if larger than the Oscar by a long way) and fully grown Convict Cichlids (just one).

200 UK or US gallons?

1 Imperial gallon = 1.20095042 US gallons

I would have actually thought it difficult to find a 4 foot 200 gallon tank...

i will get the other half to measure it up and put the full measurments up for you. sorry.

NOthing to be sorry about! JUst curious about the other dimensions. Oscars need room to swim. When they get larger, they do much better in a tank that is longer. A 6' tank is usually the norm that they do well in.

thanx ShawnMMcKenna i will find them out for you tonight when i go home if thats ok? when i was little we had to oscars and a pleco i think thats the right word : S they were in a 6foot tank very lovely fish.

Back
Top Bottom