What should I do with my empty 55 gallon aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

malfist

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I got my boyfriend a 210 gallon aquarium for graduation, and he moved his current saltwater setup into it. I took over his old 75 gallon and moved my planted 55 gallon tank into it. Now I have an empty 55 gallon and I'm not sure what to do with it.

We've talked about making it a ciclid or a discus tank, but it's a bit on the small side for that. I think I want to do something cool with it but I don't know what.

If you guys suddenly had a 55 gallon aquarium that was empty, what would you do with it?

100 cardinals and 8 bolivian rams!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I like the discus tank idea, lol. Of course I do. 2 discus, some rams, and some loaches with lots of plants.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Trying to think....so many possibilities. Probably a half and half water tank. I'd make the land portion for lizards or something small, maybe a tree frog and probably dwarf puffers with a heavily planted aquascape. That's what I'm imagining right now, not sure about all the details. That would be a cool project.

Trying to think....so many possibilities. Probably a half and half water tank. I'd make the land portion for lizards or something small, maybe a tree frog and probably dwarf puffers with a heavily planted aquascape. That's what I'm imagining right now, not sure about all the details. That would be a cool project.

If you could make that work I see it being awesome.

I say a riverine tank with a ton of loaches!

Caleb

If you could make that work I see it being awesome.

I say a riverine tank with a ton of loaches!

Caleb

My current tank is choc full of clown loaches and tiger barbs. I've always wanted to do a tank dedicated to clowns. I might do that. I also like the idea of 100 tetras and 8 rams, that would have to look cool.

I did a 30 gallon puffer tank a couple years back, but it didn't do well so I'm wary of doing an oddball tank again.

A stream tank with darters and hillstream loaches. A reef tank. Or a tanganyika shell dweller community

Sent via echolocation

How about this: Really big planted set up and angelfish with cardinals. Then you might even be able to throw in a pair of rams. With that the stock would look like 3 angels, 1 GBR pair and maybe 20 cardinals. Not sure how well that would work but I can see it happening. I'd personally still go with the half land/half water tank, but you can do whatever you want. Definitely want to see how this turns out. I wish I had the problem where I had tanks lying around to play with!

One hundred cardinals and eight rams in a 55 is that possible ? I have eighteen little fish in a 125 now and seems crowded.

I don't know abt a 55, but my pops kept a school of 100 give or take in a 150 planted when I was a teenager. Looked awsome when they shifted.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom