What to do???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As I mentioned earlier, I would do Discus and/or Angels with large schools of Tetras "if" you're not doing SW. Here's one of my favorite setups (not my tank) that I plan to do in the not so distant future :)

Truly inspirational IMO.

img_1878156_0_0de62b565714413712eb1f203c0717ca.jpg

Just managed to get a great deal on a 300 US gallon tank.
Now i dont really know what to do with it, i only have guppies at the moment and they wont look very big in it

Any suggestions

If I had a 300gal, i'd do a school of Denison Barbs, B. rainbows, and larger schools of 20-30 each cardinal, rummynose and bloodfin tetras.

Brian_Nano12g said:
As I mentioned earlier, I would do Discus and/or Angels with large schools of Tetras "if" you're not doing SW. Here's one of my favorite setups (not my tank) that I plan to do in the not so distant future :)

Truly inspirational IMO.

What kind of Angels are those?! They are gorgeous!

Brian_Nano12g said:

Truly inspirational IMO.

That tank is brilliant

A 300 us gallon. So jealous of it. Congrats buddy.I'll vote for Oscars nothing else. Amazing SA cichlids I've ever tried. Great personality big in size. So many colours. They are the best pet ever.

Update. Its finally in the house now :) here are some pics

image-3070007764.jpg

image-3896673085.jpg

Oscars ive heard they are like dogs in water

Yup oscars r kind of water dog u can say. Very interactive with their owner. Wen u get close to the tank they wil also come near u. Sometimes they even beg for food and take it from ur hand. That's the coolest thing. I love my buddies.

How about wolf cichlids? I think they're awesome but will never have room for a tank big enough.

Or you could get a bull head catfish

Or an Amazon biotope

So many possibilities... I'm jealous :)

sayan said:
Yup oscars r kind of water dog u can say. Very interactive with their owner. Wen u get close to the tank they wil also come near u. Sometimes they even beg for food and take it from ur hand. That's the coolest thing. I love my buddies.

I actually have a jack Dempsey just like that! It's pretty big about 7 inches so far, he always begs for food and jumps a few inches out of the water to grab food out of my fingers!

Thats a nice fish :)
Update:
Sorry guys been busy first my first baby boy was born and then waiting for plant delivery. Ive decided to heavily plant the tank but not sure on fish yet. Heres some pics

image-3222785280.jpg

image-2614259051.jpg

Tell what u think, and any other ideas.

Congrats...

Thats a nice fish :)
Update:
Sorry guys been busy first my first baby boy was born and then waiting for plant delivery. Ive decided to heavily plant the tank but not sure on fish yet. Heres some pics

View attachment 88733

View attachment 88734

Tell what u think, and any other ideas.

Forget the tank:lol: Congratulations on the birth of your son. The tank (and us) can wait :D

From the pics, it looks like you're thinking schools of smaller fish or else the bigger fish are going to destroy those plants. If you get swimmers, it will help keep the baby occupied with their movement. That's my 2 cents:D

(y)

Congrats on the baby! I suggest a nice piece of DW in the center. Then do the schools of small fish.. Then get some Koi Angels. I saw some really nice ones today at the LFS. They'd set that tank off and you can get quite a few without breaking the bank for about 9 bucks a pop.

Congrats! :D

With all that real-estate I'd recommend a real big school of corries, lot's of activity and fun antics to boot. Those with some nice angels and maybe Congo tetras would look really nice IMO.

Brian_Nano12g said:
Congrats on the baby! I suggest a nice piece of DW in the center. Then do the schools of small fish.. Then get some Koi Angels. I saw some really nice ones today at the LFS. They'd set that tank off and you can get quite a few without breaking the bank for about 9 bucks a pop.

Got some dw :)

image-2348986451.jpg

Looking good! Did you boil the DW first? It may leach some tannins in the water and you'll get that tea color. One more suggestion.. perhaps get some Java Fern and attach them to the DW, once they set and start growing, the end result is pretty nice.

Something like the Java Fern on this DW example (never mind the grass in the background)...
PL-FE05-01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom