What type of fish r these

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nuna124

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, what are these fish and how do I take care of them? I'm new to this and got them as a gift

Attachments

• image-1005468170.jpg
    image-1005468170.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 92
  • image-3754247335.jpg
    image-3754247335.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 80
  • image-1186231896.jpg
    image-1186231896.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 105
  • image-549452957.jpg
    image-549452957.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 82
1. Guppies

2. Sunset or Pinapple Platy

3. An assortment of odd Tetras

4. Another Platy.

The third picture are white tetras (a morph of black tetras) which have been dyed different colors as well as Indian Glassfish which have been injected with dye. The white tetras do fade back to their natural white color over time.

I'm personally convinced that the injected glassfish have been abused through the dye injection process. They generally are not hardy once imported, and the ones that survive also eventually have the dye fade as well.

The remainder are platies (pics 2 & 4) and guppies (pic 1).

How big is your tank? I agree with the identifications made. All these fish are hardy, tropical fish. There are not really any tricks to keeping them besides keeping their water clean, getting a good quality food, and makind sure they have enough space. Honestly, that doesn't seem like a very big tank for all those guys.

absolutangel04 said:
How big is your tank? I agree with the identifications made. All these fish are hardy, tropical fish. There are not really any tricks to keeping them besides keeping their water clean, getting a good quality food, and makind sure they have enough space. Honestly, that doesn't seem like a very big tank for all those guys.

I have no clue how big this tank is, but I'll check, I can also purchase a bigger one if ur saying they won't all fit in here, I'm already falling in love with this whole aquarium thing! So serene!
When u say good quality food can u recommend anything?

And thank u all for ur replies..

You can take a tape measure to measure the tank, then google the conversion rate to see how big it is. I agree that it is very serene. Welcome to the hobby!

You can take a tape measure to measure the tank, then google the conversion rate to see how big it is. I agree that it is very serene. Welcome to the hobby!

If you take length times width times height in inches, and divide the product by 231, that will convert to gallons.

Back
Top Bottom